From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki(Redirected from Adding friends)
Social interaction is one of the many aspects of Dragon Mania Legends. As Trainers are able to face other Trainers in competitive settings, they are also able to socialise and befriend one another, providing them with numerous and unique benefits. With friends, gifts can be exchanged and rewards received.
The social options can be accessed by tapping the button on the right-hand side of the main screen. Selecting this button will bring up five different menus, namely Friends, Recruit A Friend, Messages & Gifts, Collector Leaderboard, and Clan. The Social System is unlocked once the Trainer reaches Level 3.
- 1 Connections
- 2 Friends
- 3 Player Profile
- 4 Messages
- 5 Gifting
- 6 Recruitment Codes
- 7 Dragon Collector Leaderboard
- 8 History
- 9 Gallery
OS & Servers
There are three officially supported major operating systems (platforms), namely Android, iOS and Windows while support is also available for Fire OS. In the vast majority of cases, only Trainers on the same platform and server can interact with one another, but there are instances, albeit extremely rare, when cross-platform and cross-server functionality is available, such as Community Events.
Each operating system has two retail servers, namely apa-gold and eur-gold. In some cases, the suffix "eur" might not be displayed. In order for a Trainer to find their server, they must press the button then go to the menu and then to the menu. The name of the server is written next to Save Data Server.
There is a third server, namely chn-gold, which is available only to Android users in China. Trainers from the same country on the other platforms still make use of the apa server.
Trainers can connect their game account to other services in two different ways depending on their platform.
All Trainers can connect their account to Facebook by:
- Accessing the Friends, then pressing the button and then the button.
- Accessing the list for hiring Dragons from the Campaign Map, then tapping the button at the bottom of list, and then tapping the same button again.
- Pressing the button in the top right corner of the screen, choosing the button, then pressing the button under the Facebook logo.
Android users can also connect their game to their Gamer ID, a unique username linked to a Trainer's Google account, by pressing the button in the top right corner of the screen, choosing the button, then pressing the button under the Google Play logo.
Prior to the release of iOS 10, iOS users could connect their game to Game Center. This app has since been discontinued, but the game can still be connected to it, albeit outside the game, through the device's own settings, and save files can be retrieved from it.
Connecting the game to external services allows the Trainer to backup their progress and even link it to other compatible devices. Linking the same game progress in multiple places can only be done on the same operating system (platform) and server. Additionally, linking the game to those external services will link the in-game achievements to achievements provided by those services for the Trainer to earn within each of the respective service, but these will not be reflected in the game as they will have no impact on the Trainer's game progress, as only the in-game achievements affect the progress.
In addition to the above benefits, connecting the game to Facebook will reward the Trainer with 10 Gems and the Prairie Dragon, a unique Dragon that can initially only be obtained in this way, and will allow Trainers to befriend each other in the game, enabling them access to various social benefits. Additionally, connecting the game to an Xbox Live account will reward the Trainer with the Shooting Star Dragon.
See Wiki Friend Page for befriending Trainers
Trainers can befriend each other through:
- Facebook by directly adding them there ; permission must for accesing the Facebook friend list must be granted to Dragon Mania Legends in order for the Trainer to be able to add friends through this network,
- the button that appears next to Trainers when accessing the tab of the friend list and who are not already on said list,
- the list of Clan members (where Trainers that are part of the same Clan can befriend each other), pressing the button and then the button,
- the Player Profile by pressing the button under the Trainer's avatar,
- the button,
- using the Recruitment Code through the button on the friend list.
Using the second-last option will offer the Trainer three other Trainers at any given time and the Trainer can visit these Trainers' islands or send them an invitation. When using the last option, the code can be manually inserted or copied from the clipboard and entered through the option. After the code is added, the button must be selected in order to finalize the action.
All friend requests must be accepted before being reflected in the game. However, entering another Trainer's Recruitment Code in order to gain rewards, will automatically add that Trainer to the friend list as opposed to adding their code through the friend list. Due to the fact that the game does not support the cross-platform and cross-server feature, only those on the same platform and server can become friends.
New players can be invited to the game through the friend list by pressing the button. From here, the Trainer can invite prospectiv players through Facebook, WhatsApp, email, and Viber/SMS by selecting the , , , and buttons, respectively.
Once a friend has been added, they will show up in the friend list and gifts are instantly made available to send between Trainers. Up to 200 friends will be displayed in the friend list. If there are more than 200 Trainers only the first 200 will be displayed. Determining which friends show up on the list depends on the internal sorting ID of each friend in part. The list will display the friends' avatar (if available), their total amount of Dragons , their DCL points, their level , their VIP Level (if VIP Status is active), the last time they were online, their desired badge, their interaction tag, and the gifting option.
The so-called interaction tag represents how often the two Trainers interact with one another. There are three tags, namely Acquaintance, Familiar Face and Close Friend. Only the score from a week before is taken into account towards these tags.
In addition to gifting, there is the button that can be pressed to access other options. The first one is the option which allows Trainers to visit each other's islands. The Trainer can also check the profile of the friend through the button and can also pin that friend at the top of the friend list through the button. The friend can then be unpinned through the button. A maximum of 40 friends can be pinned at the top.
Using the button allows Trainers to remove friends from their list. However, if the user that is to be removed is friends with the Trainer on Facebook, they must also be removed from the Trainer's Facebook account in order for the friend to disappear from the game.
The two remaining options available within the button are the and buttons. The former appears only if the inviting Trainer is in a Clan and it is used to invite other Trainers to the same Clan, while the latter appears only if the inspected Trainer is in a Clan and it is used to see the Clan that Trainer is part of.
Trainers can rent their friends' Dragons when battling on the Campaign Map. The option is made available when the Trainer selects the quest they wish to engage. After pressing it, the Trainer will receive a list of their friends' Dragons and they can choose which one to hire through the button, provided they have enough energy to do so and the Dragon has not been rented in the past 24 hours.
Additionally, a visiting Trainer can reduce the timer of an ongoing action by 3 minutes for Farms and 5 minutes for other buildings, up to three times per Trainer, for a total of five Trainers per day, by tapping on said building whenever the icon appears atop the building. This last feature is open even to Trainers who are not friends with each other. Tapping the icon when it is shown at the edge of the display takes the visiting Trainer directly to the next available Boost action.
The owning Trainer has to click the boosted buildings afterwards to receive the time bonus. The maximum number of visiting Trainers who can help a Trainer in 24 hours is 10. As every visitor can perform 3 help actions, the Trainer can receive 30 helps per day in total.
There is also a feature that allows Trainers to see nearby Trainers by pressing the tab in the friend list screen. From here, the Trainer can visit those Trainers' islands, check their Clan or profile, or send them an invitation in order to add them to the friend list. These Trainers are not necessarily friends of the user, but Trainers in a nearby range of 1, 10 or 100 kilometers.
The Social Log keeps track of the latest 20 most important social activities, such as invitations to a Clan, visits, friend requests and help with time boosters from other Trainers. The Trainer information in the Social Log is the same as that in the friend list minus the number of Dragons a Trainer has and the currently-equipped badge. The Trainer can also visit another Trainer or check their profile from here. There is also the possibility of pinning a Trainer to the top of the list, although the Trainer will be pinned at the top of the friend list and not at the top of the Social Log.
Toby is the Trainer's first friend in the game and the only cross-platform and cross-server friend as he is available to all Dragon Mania Legends Trainers. Toby is not counted among the maximum 200 friends a Trainer can have and he is always shown at the top of the list. Toby's account is not played by anybody, his progress being updated by Gameloft from time to time for the purpose of displaying new content. The Trainer only has the option to visit his islands, as well as hire his strongest Dragon. Toby can not be removed from the friend list. When opening the first Rusty Gate in the game, one that requires only one friend, Toby will be automatically assigned by the game to help open it. Toby's interaction tag is always Close Friend.
Toby's level, as well as his strongest Dragon, depend on the level range of the Trainer.
|Range||Toby's Level||Strongest Dragon (Skill Levels)|
|1-9||Level 9||Agave Dragon - Lv. 8 (2, 2, 0)|
|10-12||Level 12||Mutant Dragon - Lv. 11 (3, 1, 3)|
|13-15||Level 15||Golden Crow Dragon - Lv. 14 (3, 0, 3)|
|16-20||Level 20||Pulsar Dragon - Lv. 16 (3, 5, 6)|
|above 20||Level 60||Titan Dragon - Lv. 18 (5)|
The Player Profile is a feature which displays a vast amount of information about the Trainer, it essentially being an in-game ID. It is found in the topmost left corner of the main screen indicating the level of the Trainer.
When the Trainer views their own Player Profile, this will display the:
- Trainer's avatar (either the in-game one or the Facebook profile picture). It can be changed by tapping it, then selecting either the no avatar option or one of the currently-available Dragons. These are the Trainer's top 10 Dragons. If the no avatar option is chosen and the Trainer is connected to Facebook, the profile picture from the network will be displayed instead.
- Name or nickname. The nickname can be changed by tapping the icon and then entering the new desired name. A random name can also be generated through the option. Confirming the desired nickname is done through the button or the button. Choosing a nickname for the first time is free while any subsequent change of the nickname will cost 5 Gems.
- VIP Level only if it is currently active.
- Trainer Level represented by the icon with the level inside it and the blue progress bar which indicates roughly the experience currently accumulated and the one needed for leveling up. Pressing the button next to the bar will bring up a detailed window of the exact current and necessary experience, the features unlocked by each level (if aplicabile), and the limit of Habitats for each level.
- Amount of unique species of Dragons separated with a slash by the total amount of unique species of Dragons in the game.
- DCL points; tapping it will bring up a brief explanation of how it is calculated.
- Currently-selected badge, if any. Tapping it will bring up the collection of badges with the options to unequip or equip a badge.
- Current league in the Dragon League and Enchantment League as well as the highest league in which the Trainer has ever been in these two.
- Clan whose member the Trainer is, the Clans's Coat of Arms and current Clan League, and the Trainer's current rank represented by both an icon and its name. Tapping this area will display that Clan's interface from the perspective of its members. If the Trainer is not a part of any Clan, the will be available and pressing it will bring up the window for choosing Clans to join. If the Trainer is not yet eligible to join a Clan, the necessary level to join a Clan, namely Level 25, will be indicated instead.
- Top Dragon in the roster. The information displayed for the Dragon is its image, level, given name between its image and level, Enchantment Stars, rarity, and Elements. If an Element is skilled, the level of the skill will be indicated in the corner of the respective Element. If the Element is unawoken, it will be grayed out and marked with the if it is also locked. Additionally, in the right of the Dragon, the option can be used to bring up the specific Codex Entry of the Dragon.
Viewing the Player Profile of other Trainer's can be done through any leaderboard in the game, usually by first visiting that Trainer's island and then pressing the button, or through the Friends interface by first tapping the button and then the button.
The Player Profile of a stranger Trainer can only be seen if the target Trainer's privacy settings are set to default, and that of a friend or clanmate Trainer can be seen if their privacy settings are set to hidden. No Trainer, whatsoever, can check another Trainer's profile if the privacy settings are set to private.
When the Trainer views another Player Profile, this will display almost the same information as viewing their own profile, the differences being:
- If the two Trainers are not in-game friends, the button under the avatar can be pressed to send a friend request.
- The VIP status is displayed if active, but the level is only displayed if the Trainer chose to display it.
- The time when the Trainer was last online in the game can be seen if the two Trainers are in-game friends.
- Tapping the Clan area, while not being a member of that Clan, will display that Clan's interface from the perspective of an outsider.
- If the checked Trainer has a badge on display, tapping it will display their entire collection.
- Checking the Trainer's top Dragon will display its specific Codex Entry while the information under the stats is related to the viewing Trainer's own Dragons. Thus, the information will indicate whether the viewing Trainer has or not this species of Dragons. Additionally, if the respective Dragon is obtainable through Dragon Pieces, the counter under its image will actually display the number of pieces the viewing Trainer has obtained towards their own Dragon.
Trainers can receive various notices and requests from other Trainers through the messaging system. Messages are stored under the tab and can be accessed through the main interface of the Social System.
From the messages screen, the Trainer is able to respond in certain ways depending upon the message received:
- The button can be pressed in response to requests for opening Rusty Gates or upgrading the Totem of Friendship.
- Invitations to a Clan can be accepted using the button or declined using the button. If the Trainer wishes to see more information about that Clan before making a decision, they can press the button.
- Whenever one of their Dragons is hired by a friend, the Trainer will be notified here and can the friendship points they have earned for this.
- Trainers can or requests to add someone to their friend list. These friend requests can only be sent inside the game, as friendship requests on Facebook can not be dealt with in the game itself.
All messages, with the exception of Recruitment Code rewards and system messages, expire after 36 hours if they are left unclaimed. The user can have a maximum of 200 unclaimed messages.
On the friend list, the option appears in the right of each friend, with the exception of Toby. After that button is pressed, a random mystery gift will be sent, out of four available ones; 1 Dragon Piece for the Enchantress Dragon, a Portal Gem, (1,000*Modifier) Gold, or (100*Modifier) Food, with only one to be sent to the given Trainer at a given time. These gifts are not deducted from the Trainer's own stockpile, instead being generated by the game itself. Only 1 Dragon Piece can be received per day.
Gifts can only be sent once every 24 hours per friend, however, there is no limit to the number of friends gifts may be sent to per day, although the friend list itself is limited to 20. Received gifts can be viewed by pressing the corresponding button in the main interface of the Social System. The gifts are displayed in order from oldest to newest.
The chance to receive a particular gift depends upon whether the Trainer has already received a Dragon Piece for the day or not. When a Dragon Piece has been obtained, the chance to be gifted Food is 24,44%, the chance for a Portal Gem is 26,67%, and the chance for Gold is 49,89%. When a Dragon Piece has not been obtained, the chance to be gifted Food is 18,33%, the chance for a Portal Gem is 20%, the chance for Gold is 36,67%, and the chance for a Dragon Piece is 25%.
The Trainer can claim a maximum of only 100 gifts within a 24-hour period. The same limit applies to the number of gifts the Trainer can receive, as the Trainer will receive no new gifts until the reset time if they already received 100. For example, if the Trainer did not claim any gift until the reset period, they will receive absolutely no new gifts after the 24-hour period has passed. Gifts that are left unclaimed for 36 hours will expire. At the top of the Gifts section, a counter is displayed showing the current total claimed and unclaimed gifts separated by a slash from the limit of 100. All the gifts can be claimed at once through the button.
Since the limit of Portal Gems a Trainer can have in their inventory is limited at 200, whenever that limit is reached and a mystery gift is claimed and results in a Portal Gem, the button will be shown under it, indicating how much Gold the Trainer will receive should they press it and proceed with converting the Portal Gem to Gold. The Gold received is based on the Level Modifier.
Sharing the Code
Every Trainer has a Recruitment Code which can be used to invite non-playing users to the game and to request the friendship of playing users. Both groups must be on the same platform and server. The Recruitment Code window can be accessed from the main interface of the Social System, or by pressing the button at the top of the friend list, or by tapping the Lighthouse. The Trainer can then choose the button to copy the code to the clipboard and paste it wherever they wish so, or they can choose the option which will bring up several other buttons that are used to send the code to a desired recipient. The button is used to send the invitation code through e-mail, the button is used to send the code through Facebook, the button is used to send the code through SMS and the button is used to send the code through WhatsApp. The first three buttons are available to everyone, except for the SMS button which is not available to PC Windows Trainers, while the last button is available only to Trainers who have WhatsApp installed on their devices. Additionally, Trainers who have Viber installed will also be able to send the code through this application, through the SMS button. Multiple new users can sign up using the same code, however, only one Recruitment Code may be submitted per person.
Whenever the Trainer has their code used by a user who has never entered a code before, a window will pop up informing them which will also display the name of the Trainer who used it. Additionally, a window will also pop up whenever any recruit of the Trainer's reaches Level 10 or 15. Both windows will have the option on them and pressing it will take the Trainer to the inventory.
Using the Code
In order for a new Trainer to enter a code , if they have not used one already, they must go under the same tab and press the button, then fill in the blank with the code, either by writing it in manually or by pasting it (after having been previously copied) through the option, and then finally validating it through the option.
Trainers who wish to enter a code for the purpose of sending a friend request will have to do so from the friend list.
A Recruitment Code that offers both Trainers rewards can only be used by new Trainers who are Level 4 or above, but no higher than Level 15. Recruitment Codes for friend requests can be used at any level. Trainers can not use their own, personal codes, thus they must use another Trainer's code.
Once the invitation is successfully accepted by the recruiting Trainer, the Trainers will become friends in the game and both of them will receive compensation for using the code. The rewards will be given regardless of whether the recruiting Trainer accepts the friend invitation or not.
The recruited Trainer will receive a welcome basket of (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) upon entering the Recruitment Code, 1,000 Food upon reaching Level 10, and 50 Gems upon reaching Level 15. The Trainer whose code was used will receive up to five milestone rewards depending on the number of people who have used their code. Additionally, the latter Trainer will also receive (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) Gold for each new recruit, (1,000*Level Modifier) Food when the recruit reaches Level 10, and 10 Gems when the recruit reaches Level 15. Under the same tab where the Recruitment Code is, the Trainer's progress toward the five milestones can be seen, as well as the progress of the recruited Trainer.
Trainers who have already used a Recruitment Code for the purpose of receiving rewards will not receive additional rewards for each new code they enter. Additionally, codes used by these Trainers will not count toward the amount of recruited Trainers of the Trainer whose code was used.
Due to the fact that the game is not cross-platform and cross-server, the code can only be used between Trainers sharing the same operating system and server.
|Reward for 3 Recruits||Reward for 5 Recruits||Reward for 8 Recruits||Reward for 12 Recruits||Reward for 15 Recruits|
Received Reward: 25 Gems
Received Reward: Pop Art Dragon
Received Reward: 50 Gems
Received Reward: Farmer Dragon
Received Reward: 100 Gems
Dragon Collector Leaderboard
The Dragon Collector Leaderboard is a permanent, global, prizeless leaderboard in which Trainers on the same platform and server are ranked in accordance to the collective sum of their current Dragons' Dragon Collector Points . The leaderboard is intended as a Hall of Fame for Trainers with the largest collection of Dragons. The leaderboard is accessed through the main interface of the Social System.
Inside this screen, the Trainer can see their current position on the leaderboard, as well as the position of other Trainers, the total amount of points the Trainer and the other Trainers have and the obtainable progress rewards. The Trainer can also choose to filter the Trainers from the leaderboard by all through the and by their friends through the button.
A notification is shown in the middle of the screen whenever a new milestone is reached for the very first time.
|Value||10||x||1||+||Dragon Level x 5|
For example, a non-enchanted Level 50 Mentor Dragon will have a score of 350 : (Epic [100 points] * Enchantment Level 0 [1 point]) + Dragon Level 50 [50 x 5 points] while a Level 100 Zeus Dragon with Enchantment Level 2 will have a score of 960 : (Divine [400 points] * Enchantment Level 2 [1.15]) + Dragon Level 100 [100 x 5 points].
Duplicate Dragons of a species are not counted toward the Trainer's collective sum, thus only the Dragon with the highest DCP of that species will be considered for the total amount. Additionally, Clan Dragons and Chronos do not benefit from the DCP.
If a Dragon whose score is counted towards the DCL is sold, the respective score will be deducted from the total amount.
While the leaderboard itself does not offer any prizes and is merely a display of status, Trainers do receive different rewards when they reach certain DCP milestones. Any of these rewards can be obtained only once, meaning that if a Trainer's score has decreased beyond an already-reached milestone, no reward will be given after reaching that milestone once again.
Breeding Tokens rewarded for reaching Collector Leaderboard milestones are permanent and can not be lost due to going under the milestone score again.
|Reward||(M*10,000)||20||(M*2,000)||10||1||(M*30,000)||20||(M*30,000)||(M*100,000)||for Avocado Dragon|
|Reward||1||(M*200,000)||(M*60,000)||7||for Runestone Dragon||3||1||30||(M*400,000)||for Droid Dragon|
|Reward||(M*100,000)||5||50||(M*2,000,000)||for Panda Dragon||(M*250,000)||50||50||75||for Pinata Dragon|
|Updates 4.0 - 4.4|
|Updates 3.1 - 3.8|
|Updates 2.0 - 2.8|
Update 2.2 dropped support for Game Center, due to the app being discontinued with the release of iOS 10, thus friends can no longer be added in this way. Any friends who were added before it was discontinued remain in the Trainer's friend list unless they are removed.
|Updates 1.1 - 1.9|