From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
See Breeding for more information
“Place two adult dragons in the breeding den to get new baby dragons.”
The Breeding Den is the only place where Dragons can breed in order to obtain other Dragons and, thus, one of the most important buildings in the game. Upon being selected, the Breeding Den offers three breeding options, namely , and buttons, and one option for displaying information about the basics of breeding and Enchanted Breeding.
Breeding[edit | edit source]
There are three breeding options with (slightly) different functions:
- The first option takes the Trainer inside the Breeding Den to a screen which shows two lists, side by side, of all of the Trainer's Dragons which are eligible for breeding, and a Dragon is selected from each list. The Dragons can be filtered either by Element using the button or by name using the adjacent Search Dragon and then confirming the entry with the button. Inside the breeding screen the Trainer can also see the amount and type of relics they have. Next to each relic counter the button can be tapped to display information about the respective relic.
- The second option takes the Trainer to the same screen while automatically reusing the last breeding combination the Trainer used, which still needs to be confirmed manually. Should the Trainer desire to change a parent, pressing the button under the chosen Dragon will access the list of Dragons.
- The third option gives direct access to the Enchanted Breeding menu. This option can be accessed even if a breeding is currently ongoing, as long as there are no advertisement videos available. This special breeding screen can also be accessed from inside the Breeding Den from the regular breeding screen through the button. Enchanted Breeding is available only when the Trainer has at least three Dragons that are Level 16.
Once the Dragons the Trainer desires to breed together are selected and the button is pressed, the Dragons will breed for a period of time to produce one egg. If the Trainer has an active VIP Status of Level 2 or higher, the icon will be shown on the button, indicating the Trainer's VIP Level inside it.
After a breeding has started, the time remaining until it is finished will be shown across the Breeding Den. The Breeding Den displays only the two highest units of time, thus the actual time might slightly differ from the displayed time. For example, if the Trainer's VIP Level is 2 or higher, and they are breeding an Ancient Dragon, the time displayed at the beginning of the breeding process will be 3 days and 4 hours instead of 3 days, 4 hours and 48 minutes, the actual breeding time of all Ancient Dragons.
Dragons that are in the Breeding Den will not produce Gold and can not be interacted with in any way whatsoever. They also will not be able to return to their Habitats until breeding is finished (which is indicated by the icon atop the Breeding Den) and the resulting egg has been moved to the Hatchery. If the Breeding Den is selected while having this icon above it, the egg will be automatically moved to the Hatchery if there are free nests. If there are no free nests, a window will appear informing the Trainer they have to free some nests before placing the egg. Once the Trainer has provided enough space for the egg, the Breeding Den needs only to be tapped and the egg will be sent automatically to the Hatchery. Whenever a Dragon is unavailable for breeding, its snapshot in the Den will be grayed out and the reason will be given in the corner of its snapshot.
Time Reduction[edit | edit source]
Selecting the Breeding Den during breeding will bring up the option which displays the amount of Gems needed to skip the remaining breeding time. Selecting the option will bring up a window where the Trainer can see the two breeding Dragons, the time left until the breeding is finished, and the button. Pressing this button will speed up the remaining time, allowing the Dragon egg to be sent to the Hatchery.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, by 5 if between the 10-100 range, by 25 if between the 100-200 range, and by 50 if between the 200-1,000 range.
- The cost to skip the initial breeding time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes) is: (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3.6 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to skip the initial breeding time of an Ancient Dragon (4 days) is: (345600 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 345600 = 189.5 - rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 200 Gems.
Additionally, two other options for speeding up the breeding might be shown:
- If an advertisement video is currently available for watching, the button will appear, giving the Trainer the option to watch said video in exchange for a 30-minute reduction on the tier.
- If the Trainer possesses a Relic of Breeding, the button will be shown if the timer left is 8 hours or fewer while if the timer is over 8 hours, the will be shown instead, as this relic provides an 8-hour reduction on the timer. Pressing either button will skip, respectively shorten timer.
Whenever more than one time-reducing option are available, the button is replaced by the button. If an advertisement video is available for the Breeding Den, the icon will appear atop the building. As long as videos are available while a breeding is ongoing, the window with the time-skipping options will always be brought up when tapping the Den, thus the and buttons will not show up when the Breeding Den is selected.
Outside the Breeding Den, the breeding time can also be reduced through forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers in the game by 6 hours, and through Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes.
Possible Results[edit | edit source]
Before commencing a breeding, the option can be selected in order to bring up a window with all the possible outcomes that can result from the currently-selected combination of Dragons. The possible outcomes are also influenced by the Trainer's level, as Dragons with Elements the Trainer has not yet unlocked can not be bred and will not show up in the list of possible outcomes until said Elements are unlocked.
The possible outcomes window will display the eggs of the potential offspring. Tapping any egg will show the name of the Dragon and its Elements. If a Dragon is already in the possession of the Trainer, this will be visibly indicated with a ✓ sign and the word Owned.
If a Trainer already has all of the possible outcomes of the selected combination, an informative window will pop up, giving the Trainer the option to either use the same combination or change to another pair of Dragons.
Double Egg Relic[edit | edit source]
The possible results can be influenced through the use of the Double Egg Relic. This item can be activated from the All or Consumables tab of the inventory or directly from the inside of the Breeding Den through tapping the button in the top-left corner and then confirming the choice through the button. Once activated, the relic lasts for 12 hours, and its effect applies to both Breeding Dens at the same time.
For every breeding that occurs during this 12-hour period, the Trainer will be presented with the eggs of two randomly-chosen Dragons from the possible outcomes for that combination, and they will have the possibility to choose which of the two Dragons to breed through the option underneath each egg. Once the choice is made, the Dragons will then begin breeding for the chosen outcome. Additionally, the names and Elements of these two Dragons can be seen by tapping their respective eggs.
Breeding Helper[edit | edit source]
Inside the Breeding Den, at the top of the screen, the button can be selected in order to receive recommendations on which Dragons to breed next. A maximum of three Dragons are chose at random from the Normally-Breedable Dragons the Trainer does not have on their islands, with the notable exception of Breedable Legendaries, while the other Dragons are chosen from those that are available for breeding through a Breeding Token. If there is no Dragon left to be bred, then the Breeding Helper will recommend breeding a Limited-Time Dragon.
The Dragons that are shown in this screen have the same snapshot that they have inside the Main Shop. Pressing the button will bring up the Codex Entry of that Dragon while pressing the button will automatically select two possible parents that can be used to breed for the recommended Dragon.Click the CC icon to view captions and click Settings > Subtitles > Autotranslate for languages. *Please keep in mind that video information may not be up-to-date.*
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
See Enchanted Breeding for more information
The Breeding Den can be upgraded to various levels in order for specific Dragons to be bred so as to obtain Enchantment Dragons. The Den can only be upgraded in exchange for Enchanted Trinkets and each new level of the Breeding Den that is unlocked opens up certain Enchantment Dragons. The Breeding Den always takes 6x6 squares in size, regardless of its level. Upgrading the Den is an instant process and it is done by selecting the Den, the pressing the button and then the green button representing the upgrade cost.
|Level||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
Interface[edit | edit source]
Once the Den is upgraded for the very first time, the option will be made available on the right-hand side of the screen after opening the Breeding Den. Accessing this screen will bring up a selection of all the Enchantment Dragons currently available in the game. Each Dragon has their rarity displayed in the top-right corner of their snapshot and the button in the opposite corner. Pressing it will bring up the Codex Entry of that Dragon. Dragons that have not yet been unlocked will have their snapshot grayed out along with information about the level the Breeding Den needs to be upgraded to.
Selecting any Enchantment Dragon that is available for breeding will display the specific combination of Dragons it requires. If both Dragons are free and meet the necessary Enchantment Level, the option can be pressed to commence breeding them together. If a Dragon is unavailable for breeding, its snapshot will be grayed out and the reason will be listed next to it. If a Dragon does not meet the required Enchantment Level, the necessary level will be displayed next to its snapshot, and in addition to it being grayed out, the snapshot will have the button on it. Pressing that button will take the Trainer to the enchanting screen where the Dragon will automatically be selected.
If the Trainer does not have one of the necessary Dragons, its snapshot will be grayed out and the button will appear on it. Upon pressing it, the Trainer will be taken back to the main screen of the Breeding Den. If the Den does not have the necessary level allowing a certain Dragon to be bred, then the button will be shown and pressing it will take the Trainer to the screen for upgrading the Breeding Den.
Extra Den[edit | edit source]
The Extra Den is a secondary Breeding Den located to the left of the Clam. As is it part of the Main Island, it can not be moved. Furthermore, it can not be upgraded, the Trainer being able to breed only the Enchantment Dragons that can also be bred in the usual Breeding Den, meaning that this Den is directly dependent upon the level of the regular one. The exact same breeding mechanics and buttons are available with the Extra Den that are available with the usual Breeding Den, however, the exact same Dragon can not breed in both of the Breeding Dens at the same time.
Activation[edit | edit source]
The Trainer has the option of activating this Den through two different ways:
- The Den can be hired for a period of 30 days. The cost of hiring it is 4.99 USD and can be done by selecting the Extra Den itself or by going to the limited-time breeding screen through the button in the lower right-hand corner of the main screen, immediately above the access to the Main Shop .
- The Den can be activated for a period of 24 hours through using an Extra Den Relic. While the amount of Extra Den Relics a Trainer has can be seen from inside the Den, the relics themselves can only be activated from the inventory from the All or Consumables tabs. If the Extra Den has already been hired or activated, using another Extra Den Relic will simply extend the current period by 24 hours.
If a breeding is ongoing while the availability of the Extra Den has expired, ownership of the Den will remain valid until the breeding is finished and the resulting egg has been moved to the Hatchery, meaning renewal is not necessary to allow said breeding to continue.
Moving[edit | edit source]
The regular Breeding Den can be moved to a different location by pressing down on the building and then dragging it to the new location or by pressing down on the building and then simply tapping the desired location. The building is selected for moving when the and buttons appear underneath it. An arrow will appear on each side of the Den indicating if it can be placed in the new location or not. If the arrows are gray, the spot is not accessible, and if the arrows are green, the building can be placed onto that spot. The repositioning is confirmed through the button while pressing the will cancel the moving and restore the default position of the building.
History[edit | edit source]
- Update 5.0 discontinued the button, meaning that the button will be shown even if the breeding time left is under 30 minutes.
- Update 4.7 introduced the Relic of Breeding, the Extra Den Relic, and the Double Egg Relic along with the , , and buttons.
- Update 4.3 changed the background inside the Breeding Den.
- Update 4.2 brought several changes to the Breeding Den:
- The Breeding Helper was moved from the limited-time breeding screen to the inside of the Breeding Den.
- The button was replaced with the button.
- The button was replaced by the Search Dragon bar and the button.
- The Breeding Den will now show all the possible outcomes of any combination of Dragons.
- The Trainer will now be informed if the currently-selected pair of Dragons has already produced all possible offspring.
- The graphical interface of the list of Dragons has been altered.
- When selecting the rebreeding option, accessing the list of Dragons must first be done through the newly introduced button. Before this update, the list of Dragons was automatically displayed.
- Update 3.8 introduced the Extra Den.
- Update 3.7 has once again reintroduced the option to reduce the breeding time through watching videos, along with the new icon.
- Update 3.6 has once again discontinued the option.
- Update 3.5 reintroduced the option.
- Update 3.1 made it possible to access the Enchanted Breeding menu while the Den is busy. Additionally, the option was discontinued.
- Update 3.0 replaced the information windows, that appear when pressing the button, with new ones and added two additional ones. It also introduced the option to partially skip breeding times by watching videos whenever the or buttons are available.
- Update 2.9 changed the icon on buttons and wherever else it appears with the icon. Additionally, it added the button to the Breeding Den.
- Update 2.5 introduced an additional information window when pressing the button.
- Update 2.3 introduced upgrades for the Breeding Den as part of the Enchantment feature.
- Update 2.1 introduced the option to search Dragons by their name .
- Update 1.4 introduced the re-breed button and replaced the button with the button.
- Update 1.1 added the information window for the basics of breeding to the Breeding Den through the newly-introduced button.