From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
See Skills for complete details about the skills of Dragons
The Dragon Academy is a school Building that must be rebuilt before it can be used by the Trainer to send their Dragons to, it allows them to gain special fighting skills or increase their knowledge of the ones they already possess. Rebuilding the Dragon Academy requires first rescuing Hogwin by completing battle 5 in Normal Mode of the Campaign Map. Only Dragons that are Level 4 or higher are able to can be trained at the Academy.
- Rebuild 2,500 - Rebuild for 2,500 Gold (which requires waiting the requisite time).
- Instant Rebuild - Rebuild for 12 Gems instantly, no waiting.
The Dragon Academy has five additional upgrades unlocked as the Trainer progresses in level. Each Academy Level coincides with the level of training a Dragon can receive. If the Academy has only been increased to Level 4, the Dragons can only learn 4 levels of a skill. The size of this building is 6x6 squares, regardless of its level.
- Instant Upgrade - Upgrade instantly for gems, no waiting.
- Upgrade - Upgrade for gold, wait the requisite time.
|Academy Level||Trainer Level||Gold Cost||Instant
|Time||Experience||Skill Level Unlocked||Training Time|
|Level 1||Level 4||2,500||12||1 hour||100||Level 1||2 minutes|
|Level 2||Level 8||40,000||45||3 hours||1,600||Level 2||10 minutes|
|Level 3||Level 10||400,000||235||5 hours||16,000||Level 3||1 hour|
|Level 4||Level 12||1,000,000||371||8 hours||40,000||Level 4||3 hours|
|Level 5||Level 14||2,000,000||673||10 hours||80,000||Level 5||6 hours|
|Level 6||Level 16||4,000,000||1,252||15 hours||160,000||Mastery||12 hours|
After selecting the Dragon Academy, pressing the button opens the Dragon selection screen. Only Dragons eligible for skill training appear, in decreasing order, by level. Dragons that are in the Dragon Vault can not be chosen.
In the selection screen, the Trainer can filter the Dragons by one specific Element or by
- - Filter by Elements or by All (remove filter).
After selecting an eligible Dragon, the following displays: level(s) of the Dragon's current skill(s), information on what each skill does (as well as cost and time needed to upgrade it), the current number of Scrolls the Trainer has, the button, the i button, and either the Unlock button for Elements that have no skill level or the Upgrade button for Elements whose skill level is at least 1.
If the skill level of the Element is 5, the Choose Your Mastery! button appears. When pressed, it prompts for a choice between one of two available masteries by pressing the Unlock button below the desired mastery. A mastery can be later changed on the same screen by pressing the button, where the new skill can be selected. Switching a skill is done instantly.
Each skill or mastery learned at the academy takes a certain amount of time to complete.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds for training skills and
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * TimeInSeconds for the construction time, and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, and by 5 if it is between the 10-100 range.
- The cost to skip the initial upgrading time to a Level 2 skill (10 minutes) is: (600 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 600 = 5.3 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 6 .
- The cost to skip the initial upgrading time to a Level 2 Dragon Academy (3 hours) is: (10800 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 10800 = 18 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 20 .
Outside the Dragon Academy, the training and construction time can also be reduced through forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers in the game by 6 hours, and through Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes.
Any building can be moved by pressing on it to select it for moving then dragging it to, or tapping on, the desired location. A building is selected for moving when the X and ✔ buttons appear underneath it. An arrow also appears on each side indicating if it can be placed in the new location or not. If the arrows are gray, the spot is not accessible, and if the arrows are green, the building can be placed onto that spot. Repositioning is confirmed using the ✔ button, or cancelling using the X button.
- Update 4.2 modified the graphical interface of the Dragon Academy.
- Starting with this update, only Dragons that are stored in the Dragon Vault are not eligible for attending the Academy. Before this update, Dragons that were preoccupied with timed actions, such as exploring ruins, breeding and other processes of this kind were not available until said process was finished.
- Update 3.0 replaced the icon with the icon.
- Update 1.5 made the Academy repositionable. Prior to this update, it was an immovable building.
- Update 1.1 increased the costs for upgrading the Academy and the skills.