From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
See Skills for complete details about the skills of Dragons
|Select a Dragon for Training!|
|Enables the Trainer to train their Dragon's to obtain new special fighting Skills.|
6 x 6
The Dragon Academy is a school Building that must be rebuilt before it can be used by the Trainer to send their Dragons to, it allows them to gain special fighting skills or increase their knowledge of the ones they already possess. Rebuilding the Dragon Academy requires first rescuing Hogwin by completing battle 5 in Normal Mode of the Campaign Map. Only Dragons that are Level 4 or higher are able to can be trained at the Academy.
- Rebuild 2,500 - Rebuild for 2,500 Gold (which requires waiting the requisite time).
- Instant Rebuild - Rebuild for 12 Gems instantly, no waiting.
The Dragon Academy has five additional upgrades unlocked as the Trainer progresses in level. Each Academy Level coincides with the level of training a Dragon can receive. If the Academy has only been increased to Level 4, the Dragons can only learn 4 levels of a skill. The size of this building is 6x6 squares, regardless of its level.
- Instant Upgrade - Upgrade instantly for gems, no waiting.
- Upgrade - Upgrade for gold, wait the requisite time.
|Academy Level||Trainer Level||Gold Cost||Instant
|Time||Experience||Skill Level Unlocked||Training Time|
|Level 1||Level 4||2,500||12||1 hour||100||Level 1||2 minutes|
|Level 2||Level 8||40,000||45||3 hours||1,600||Level 2||10 minutes|
|Level 3||Level 10||400,000||235||5 hours||16,000||Level 3||1 hour|
|Level 4||Level 12||1,000,000||371||8 hours||40,000||Level 4||3 hours|
|Level 5||Level 14||2,000,000||673||10 hours||80,000||Level 5||6 hours|
|Level 6||Level 16||4,000,000||1,252||15 hours||160,000||Mastery||12 hours|
|7,442,500||2,588||42 hours||297,700||22 hours, 12 min|
After selecting the Dragon Academy, pressing the button opens the Dragon selection screen. Only Dragons eligible for skill training appear, in decreasing order, by level. Dragons that are in the Dragon Vault cannot be chosen.
In the selection screen, the Trainer can filter the Dragons by one specific Element or by
- - Filter by Elements or by All (remove filter).
After selecting an eligible Dragon, the following displays: level(s) of the Dragon's current skill(s), information on what each skill does (as well as cost and time needed to upgrade it), the current number of Scrolls the Trainer has, the button, the i button, and either the Unlock button for Elements that have no skill level or the Upgrade button for Elements whose skill level is at least 1.
If the skill level of the Element is 5, the Choose Your Mastery! button appears. When pressed, it prompts for a choice between one of two available masteries by pressing the Unlock button below the desired mastery. A mastery can be later changed on the same screen by pressing the button, where the new skill can be selected. Switching a skill is done instantly.
Each skill or mastery learned at the academy takes a certain amount of time to complete.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds for training skills and
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * TimeInSeconds for the construction time, and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, and by 5 if it is between the 10-100 range.
- The cost to skip the initial upgrading time to a Level 2 skill (10 minutes) is: (600 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 600 = 5.3 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 6 .
- The cost to skip the initial upgrading time to a Level 2 Dragon Academy (3 hours) is: (10800 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 10800 = 18 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 20 .
Outside the Dragon Academy, the training and construction time can also be reduced through forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers in the game by 6 hours, and through Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes.
A single building or object can be moved by pressing and holding on it, until move options are activated (indicated by the X ✔ buttons that appear beneath it). With move options activated, the object can be moved by dragging or tapping the desired destination, and the move accepted ✔ or denied X. An arrow appears on each side of the object, green indicating it can be moved to new location or grey indicating it cannot.
To move multiple objects at once, with move options activated as above, press the Edit Mode button to enable (multiple-object) Edit Mode; once enabled, moving and/or swapping instructions appear at the top of the screen:
- Select one or more objects to move them at the same time.
- Swap two objects by selecting them and using the Swap button.
- Store multiple objects in the inventory by selecting them and tapping the Inventory button (eligible buildings/objects only).
Dragging and tapping will not move selected buildings/objects initially in edit mode, the initial state is for selection-only; instead, pressing the Move button to enable dragging or tapping, the base of all objects turn green or grey indicating if they can be moved as a unit to the new location.
- Update 4.2: Modified the graphical interface of the Dragon Academy, to make it more intuitive.
- Starting with this update, only Dragons that are stored in the Dragon Vault are not eligible for attending the Academy. Before this update, Dragons that were preoccupied with timed actions, such as exploring ruins, breeding and other processes of this kind were not available until said process was finished.
- Update 3.0: Replaced the icon with the icon.
- Update 1.5: Made the Academy repositionable. Before this update, it was an immovable building.
- Update 1.1: Increased the costs for upgrading the Academy and the skills.
- Update 1.0: Introduced.