From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
The Dragon Codex is a major story and gameplay element, in Dragon Mania Legends, that is unlocked after breeding, hatching, and housing the very first Smoke Dragon. After being unlocked, the Dragon Codex can be found and accessed by tapping the button in the upper-right corner of the main screen when viewing the Archipelago. The main feature of the Dragon Codex is to give up-to-date information on Dragons. There are three aspects to the Dragon Codex which are the Codex, the Collections, and the Codex Entries.
After opening the Dragon Codex, the Trainer has two tabs and one button. The and tabs are used to toggle between the Collections and the Codex, respectively while the button is used to access the Dragon Collector Leaderboard.
- 1 Codex
- 2 Collections
- 3 Codex Entries
- 4 History
- 5 Gallery
Codex[edit | edit source]
The Codex is a major feature that has an overall count of Dragons that can be obtained and Dragons that have been obtained along with an individual count showing for multiples of obtained Dragons. The total count of unique Dragons the Trainer currently has is separated with a slash by the total count of unique Dragons in the game and both are displayed in the right of the icon. Neither count includes Chronos or the Clan Dragons. The count for multiples of the same species of Dragon is displayed inside the individual slot of that Dragon.
Slots[edit | edit source]
There is an image slot for every Dragon in the game (excluding Chronos and Clan Dragons). Images will show in color for all Dragons that have been obtained (including any Limited-Time Dragon), containing their mugshot, Elements and rarity. Grayed-out images will appear for Dragons that are available, but not yet obtained. An image of a lock is present on slots of Dragons that must first be unlocked before they can be obtained. The Elements of Dragons whose secondary Elements need to be awoken will always be visible, but grayed-out and marked with the icon even if the Trainer had already awoken said Elements for any member of the respective species present on the islands. For some Dragons, the slot also displays an icon indicating their obtaining method.
Though slots are shown for each Limited-Time Dragon in the Codex, no image is shown and their basic information (Level 1 Codex Entries) can only be viewed while they are available in the game, such as when they are Dragon of the Week or Dragon of the Month, or part of a currently-ongoing event or promotion. Basic information for all other Dragons can be viewed by selecting their image which will bring up their base Codex Entry. Tapping an unavailable Dragon's slot will only bring up the following text: This Dragon is only available for specials events. Stay tuned for limited-time challenges!
Whenever a new Dragon is hatched for the very first time and placed in a Habitat, the Codex will appear and it will fill in, namely color its slot. If the Dragon has an entry in a collection, the Collections menu will appear instead. If the last housed species of a Trainer's Dragon is sold, its slot in the Codex will become grayed-out again, but the same will not happen in the Collections tab if the Dragon has an entry there.
Filtering[edit | edit source]
An easier method to find information about specific species of Dragons is by tapping the option. From here, the Trainer can search individual Dragons through the search bar by their species name or they can filter Dragons by:
- a specific Element (which shows any Dragon with that Element)
- Boss Dragons
- all Dragons
- Limited-Time Dragons
- Arena Dragons
- Card Dragons
- VIP Dragons
- Enchantment Dragons
- Dungeon Dragons (only Dungeon Shop)
- most Card Dragons obtained from Clan Events
- Token Dragons (only Dragon Collector Leaderboard) and most Reward Dragons
The filtered view can also be sorted by "rarity", which will sort them by classification/type, or by "unlock". When selecting the order by "unlock", all Dragons are sorted according to their highest Element where Limited-Time Dragons are shown first, followed by the others. In addition to the these filtering options, the Show owned only box can also be checked to have the Codex display only those Dragons that are currently under the ownership of the Trainer.
Duplicates[edit | edit source]
The Codex provides the ability to purchase additional Dragon eggs at any time for any Dragon that a Trainer currently has on their islands, including any Limited-Time Dragon previously obtained, as long as these Dragons can be purchased in exchange for Gold or Gems. Boss Dragons and regular Dragons that can be bred normally or within a limited-time period, along with the active VIP Dragons, can always be purchased, regardless if the Trainer has them on their islands or not. Boss Dragons can only be purchased once, unless exceptions occur, and only if they have been unlocked through defeating them in Normal Mode.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
See Collection Comparison for more information The Trainer can also compare their collection of obtained Dragons to that of other Trainers by first visiting their islands and then selecting the button at the bottom-right of the page.
Collections[edit | edit source]
The collections are made up of different groups of Dragons that are collected for various rewards. These collections are grouped into categories such as early-game Dragons, all Common/Uncommon Normally-Breedable Dragons of an Element, Dragons required to breed Legendaries, Dungeon-Exclusive Dragon, VIP-Exclusive Dragon, and so on and so forth. Additionally, there also exist meta collections, meaning a collection that is completed by completing other collections. Completed collections are always shown under the uncompleted ones.
Showcased Information[edit | edit source]
Each collection displays a representative icon, the count of currently-collected Dragons separated with a slash by the total count of necessary Dragons, the reward offered for completing the collection, the percentage of players who have completed the respective collection, and the slots of the Dragons. The slots displayed here are the exact same ones from the Codex section the differences being that a slot also receives the ✓ sign once the Dragon is collected and if a Dragon is the reward of the collection, its slot will also contain its full image and its name. Meta collections display the full adult form of Dragons instead of their slots and tapping them will not bring up a Dragon's Codex Entry, but will only (un)hide the collection.
Hiding[edit | edit source]
The collections are listed in their complete form and can be hidden through the button and unhidden through the button. When hidden, only the contained Dragons and the rewards are not displayed. Hidden meta collections will still display the main reward and the necessary Dragons needed for completion, but the subcollections will not be shown at all. The collections remain visibile until the Trainer hides them, and hidden until the Trainer unhides them or a new Dragon from that collection is hatched.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Codex Entries[edit | edit source]
A Codex Entry is the visiting card of a Dragon which displays the entire information about it.
Viewing Codex Entries[edit | edit source]
The Codex Entry can be viewed from multiple places in the game including, but not limited to the Main Shop, inventory, current ongoing events, by pressing the button when visiting the Dragon in their Habitat, or selecting their image in the Codex or Collections sections. Codex Entries for Boss Dragons can only be accessed through the Codex (at all times) or the Main Shop (only for those that have been previously beaten in Normal Mode). A Codex Entry accessed from a Habitat is unique for the selected Dragon as it displays that Dragon's own information. Codex Entries of the Trainer's own Dragons accessed from anywhere else only display the base features of that particular species of Dragons. Inside the Dragon Codex, the Codex Entries can be navigated with the help of two white arrows, in the left and right of the entry, after selecting any one entry. If the slots are filtered, navigation will only be possible between the filtered entries.
Common Information[edit | edit source]
Depending on where it is accessed from, the Codex Entry will show different information as mentioned above, thus Codex Entries are divided into base Codex Entries and current Codex Entries. The common information displayed by both types of entries is the Dragon's species name, Elements, rarity, stats, Dragon Collector Points, level, the four Enchantment Stars, and some flavorful text that explains the interaction between the Dragon and its trainer, other Dragons, the opposing characters, or/and other gameplay features. Additionally, in the bottom-left corner of the Dragon's image, the button can be pressed to display the egg of that Dragon and the button to switch back to the current form.
In the case of Dragons obtained through Dragon Pieces, a counter is shown under their image which displays the amount of Dragon Pieces the Trainer currently has separated by a slash from the total amount needed to obtain that Dragon. This counter is not displayed when viewing the base Codex Entry of an owned species of Dragon, and it is displayed only when viewing that species' specific Codex Entry, the specific Codex Entry of an NPC Dragon or of another Trainer's, and the base Codex Entry of an unowned species of Dragon.
Boss Dragons have only one type of Codex Entry. It displays the Dragon's species name and full image, a small description, identical for all Boss Dragons (The "Boss" rank has to be earned; no one can breed a Boss Dragon. Although they won't participate in battles, feel free to let them walk around your islands and help other dragons PRODUCE GOLD 10% FASTER.), the bonus it provides to the Gold production of other Dragons (10%), the amount of Dragon Collector Points it offers, its representative icon Boss Dragons , the option to see its egg or its current form , and whether the Dragon is owned, can be bought or it needs to be unlocked.
If the Dragon is owned, the YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS DRAGON text will be shown at the bottom of the entry. If the Dragon must first be unlocked through defeating it on the Campaign Map, the Find and defeat this Boss on the Campaign Map to unlock it! text will be shown along with the button, and pressing this button will take the Trainer to the Campaign Map. If the Dragon has been unlocked, but is not owned, the YOU DON'T HAVE THIS DRAGON YET text will be shown along with the option to purchase it represented by a green button with the Gem cost on it. Pressing the button will bring up a confirmation window the options and .
Base Codex Entry[edit | edit source]
This entry is displayed when viewing a Dragon's Codex Entry through any method other than from Habitats, the Player Profile or a battle interface. The base Codex Entry is representative for all the species of a Dragon, meaning it will always display those Dragons' Level 1 (base) stats and the four (grayed out) Enchantment Stars while the secondary Elements of Dragons with locked Elements will be grayed-out and marked with the icon. Additionally, a text showing whether the Trainer has at least an individual member of the species or not on their islands will be shown at the bottom of they entry. In most cases, at least a button will also be shown next to the text.
Availability[edit | edit source]
If the Trainer has the Dragon housed or stored on their islands, the option is made available in the right of the text. Pressing this button will take the Trainer directly to that Dragon in its Habitat or to the Dragon Vault, respectively, and either building will be automatically selected. If the Trainer has more than one member from the species of that Dragon, pressing the button will bring up a menu with all the Dragons belonging to that species, giving the Trainer the option to choose the desired member by tapping their snapshot which displays their names, Enchantment Stars and level.
When the above button is present, the text at the bottom of the entry will always be You already have this Dragon if the Dragon can be purchased as a duplicate while the text is different if the button is absent. The text changes to This Dragon is only available for specials events. Stay tuned for limited-time challenges! if it simultaneously can not be purchased as a duplicate and can also not be obtained through another method. The text is also not shown if it can not currently be obtained at all through any method whatsoever in which case the button is absent. Depending on the Dragon's obtaining method, another button might be made available. This button is always shown in the left of the text regardless if the Go Now! button is absent or present.
- As previously explained, in the case of most owned Dragons, the Trainer might be given the option to purchase additional egg duplicates through a green button indicating the cost and currency of the Dragon. The button will always be shown for Normally-Breedable Dragons, the current Dragon of the Week and Dragon of the Month, Dragons for which a Breeding Token is currently active, and Boss Dragons which the Trainer does not posses, but has unlocked through battling (with extremely rare exceptions, the Trainer can have only one of each Boss Dragon, thus duplicates can not be purchased for them).
- The is shown for Normally-Breedable Dragons that the Trainer does not have on their islands and pressing the button will take the Trainer to the main Breeding Den and will automatically select two possible parent Dragons. If the main Den is occupied, the Trainer is taken to the Extra Den while if both are occupied, the speeding up window of the main Den is displayed instead.
- The button will always be shown for Card-Segment Dragons for which the Trainer has sufficient Dragon Pieces to hatch, regardless if the Trainer already has the Dragon or not, and for other Dragons that are in the Trainer's inventory , and pressing it will send that Dragon to be hatched, provided there are free nests in the Hatchery.
- The button is shown for Card Dragons the Trainer does not have on their islands and whose Pieces can be obtained from card packs, and pressing it will take the Trainer to the section of the Main Shop where card packs can be purchased. The text changes to Get this from Card Packs!
- The button is shown for limited Card Dragons that are obtained from events other than Clan Events, and pressing it will take the Trainer to that event. The button is only shown if the event is currently ongoing.
- The button is shown for limited Card Dragons that are obtained solely from Clan Events, and pressing it will take the Trainer to the Clan interface. The text changes to Win this dragon by competing in Clan Events.
- In the case of Enchantment Dragons:
- The button is always shown for Dragons that are obtained via Enchanted Breeding, and pressing it will take the Trainer to the aforementioned screen (if the Breeding Den is free). The text changes to Start Enchanted Breeding if the Dragon is not present on the Trainer's islands.
- The button is shown for Dragons that are obtained from the Enchantment League and the Trainer does not yet have, and pressing it will bring up the Enchantment menu. The text changes to Reach League x in the Enchantment League where x is replaced with the necessary league, namely 3, 5 or 7 if the Dragon is not present on the Trainer's islands.
- In case the Trainer has not yet unlocked the Enchantment feature, the following text will be shown instead of a button: You will need your 3 strongest dragons to be Level 16 or higher, waiting in their habitats and ready for action to unlock ENCHANTMENT!
- The button is shown if the Dragon is not owned by the Trainer, does not appear in the Dragons section of the Main Shop, and can currently be purchased through a promotion. Pressing this button will bring up the promotion the Dragon is part of. The text changes to Buy the Special Offer to get this dragon.
- In the case of VIP-Exclusive Dragons, the button is shown if the Trainer has the necessary VIP Level to breed or purchase that Dragon, but their VIP membership is inactive, while the button is shown if the Trainer must become a certain VIP level, which will be indicated on the button, before being able to breed or purchase that Dragon. Pressing either button will bring up the VIP interface. For the latter button the text changes to Purchasable and breedable only by VIP level x members where x is replaced the necessary VIP level.
- For Dragons that are currently the prize for an ongoing event, the button will be shown and pressing it will take the Trainer to that event. The text changes to Win this dragon at x where x stands for the name of the event.
- Dragons that are obtained via the Dragon League will have the button shown, and pressing it will open the league menu. The text changes to Reach x in the Arena to get this dragon if the Dragon is obtained through being promoted, to You can get this dragon by being active in x and up if the Dragon is obtained through Card Packs from the milestone, and to Win in x to get this dragon if the Dragon is part of the periodical cycle of limited Dragons. For all texts x stands for the name of the league.
- Dragons that are obtained from the Bottomless Dungeon Shop will have the button shown, and pressing it will take the Trainer to the Bottomless Dungeon. The text changes to Purchase in Dungeon Shop! if the Dragon is not present on the islands. However, if the Trainer has not yet reached Level 16, the level necessary to unlock the Dungeon, the button will be shown instead accompanied by the following text: Reach Level 16 to unlock Otto's Dungeon. Inside the dungeon, fight against waves of enemies and collect Dungeon Tokens to get unique dragons and other rare items!
- In the case of some Reward-Exclusive Dragons:
- The button is shown for Dragons obtained through completing a meta collection, and pressing it will take the Dragon to the Collections tab. The text changes to Get this from the Collection!
- The button will be shown for Dragons that are obtained from the Totem of Friendship, and pressing it will open the milestone rewards interface of that building. The text changes to Gain Friendship Points to get this dragon.
- The button will be shown for Dragons obtained from recruiting Trainers, and pressing it will take the Trainer to the screen showing their recruitment code. The text changes to Recruit x friends. where x stands for the number of recruits needed, namely 5 or 12.
- The button will be shown for Dragons obtained via connecting to Facebook, and pressing it will bring up the window for this purpose. The text changes to You don't have this dragon yet.
- The button is displayed for Dragons that are obtained from defeating certain quests in Normal Mode and Heroic Mode, and pressing it will take the Trainer to that mode. The text changes to Reach the end of the x Campaign where x stands for either Normal or Heroic.
- No button is shown for Dragons obtained through the Daily Prizes, only the following text: Day x Login Bonus, where x stands for the day in which that Dragon is given.
- In the case of Dragons obtained from Mystery Gifting, the button is displayed, and pressing it will take the Trainer to the friend list. The text changes to Collect Dragon Pieces from friends' gifts if the Dragon is not present on the islands.
- Dragons that are obtained through the Daily Tasks have the button displayed and pressing it will take the Trainer to the Daily Tasks screen. The text changes to Get this Dragon by completing Daily Tasks.
- The button is displayed for those Dragons obtained through the Dragon Collector Leaderboard and selecting it takes the Trainer to that feature. The text changes to Get this dragon from the Dragon Collector Leaderboard.
- In case the Dragon has not yet been unlocked through leveling, the button will be shown, indicating the level the Trainer needs to reach before being able to buy, breed or obtain that Dragon through another method. The button is grayed out and can not be pressed.
- The button is displayed when the Dragon can not be obtained until Quest 2 (Mountain Trail) in Normal Mode is defeated. The button is grayed out, can not be pressed and will appear for most of the Dragons in the game, including even those obtained through bundles, as defeating said quest is a major story element.
Current Codex Entry[edit | edit source]
The current Codex Entry of the Trainer's own Dragons is accessed either from the Habitat by selecting the desired Habitat in which the Dragon resides, then tapping the Dragon's icon, and then pressing the button or from the My Dragons tab. The Trainer will see the common information, along with the Dragon's given name, its current level, and its current Enchantment Level.
The stats (Health, Base Attack, and Base Gold per Hour) that are seen here are affected by the Dragon's level, its Enchantment Level, and whether it is currently trained or not. If any of the Dragon's Elemental skill is untrained, the name of the Element is shown followed by attack while if the Element is trained, the name and the level of the skill is shown instead. The skill can be tapped to view more information about what it does and how it works. In the case of Dragons with locked or unawoken Elements, Elements that are locked are grayed-out and marked with the while unlocked, but unawoken Elements are only grayed-out.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
The green buttons explained above will not be shown here. From this Codex Entry, the Trainer can through the More Options button choose to:
- visit the Dragon in its Habitat with the Visit option
- rename the Dragon with the option
- to move it and relocate it in another Habitat through the option
- to sell it for a determined amount of Gold by choosing the option.
- or send the Dragon to the Vault for storage by using the button, if the Dragon Vault is present on the Trainer's islands.
The Trainer is also able to send the Dragon to the Academy by using the Learn option.
The respective buttons will be grayed out if another Dragon is in the Academy, the Dragon Vault is full or there are no available free, fitting Habitats to move the Dragon to.
Opposite Dragons[edit | edit source]
In the case of Dragons not belonging to the Trainer, the specific Codex Entry of:
- Opposing NPC Dragons can be viewed in the pre-battle interface on the Campaign Map and in the Bottomless Dungeon. NPC Dragons do not have given names, thus no such name is shown under their image.
- Other Trainers' top 3 Dragons can be viewed in the pre-battle interface of the Dragon League after selecting an opposing Trainer and tapping the desired Dragon's snapshot.
- Other Trainers' top Dragon can be viewed by accesing the Player Profile and then tapping the button next to the Dragon. The entry of the rest of their Dragons can be seen by visiting their island, selecting a Habitat, then simply tapping the desired Dragon's snapshot. Both the profile and the snapshots are inaccesible if the Trainer's privacy settings are set to hidden and the Trainers are not in-game friends or clanmates or if they are set to private.
The interactive options from the previous section will not be shown for these Dragons, but only the Go Now! button if the Trainer themself owns the Dragon. Pressing the button will take the Trainer to their own Dragon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Update 5.0 modified significantly the design of the Codex Entries.
- Dragons whose secondary Elements are locked are no longer represented through the icon, but rather said Elements are grayed out and marked with the icon.
- The name of the Elemental skill replaces the name of the Element if said skill is at least Level 1.
- The attack is no longer displayed individually for each Element, but rather once, above the Elements, next to the icon.
- The , , and buttons were replaced by the , , and buttons, respectively.
- Update 4.6 replaced the button with the button and the icon with the icon because of the discontinuation of the Clockwork Dungeon and the subsequent introduction of the Bottomless Dungeon.
- Three new collections were introduced, namely Brawling Dragons, Dungeon Crawlers, and Emerald Dragons.
- Update 4.5 modified some of the collections by changing the Dragons needed to complete the collection and by introducing different rewards for some of the collections. In addition to new collections being added, meta collections were also introduced.
- The interface of the Dragon Codex was slightly changed. The tab was replaced by the "Show owned only" checkbox, used for displaying only the Dragons under the ownership of the Trainer while the tab was discontinued.
- The tab and button were introduced. The former uses the same function as the now-discontinued All tab, but without acting as a filter while the latter is used to access the Dragon Collector Leaderboard.
- The option to display the collections as a list was discontinued, but the option to hide individual collections was introduced.
- Trainers can no longer compare their collection of Dragons with other Trainers directly from the Codex, meaning the and buttons were discontinued.
- Update 4.3 discontinued the Mentoring Program, meaning the button was also discontinued. Pressing the button took the Trainer to the first slot occupied by an apprentice. If all slots were free, the Trainer would be taken to the first one.
- Update 4.1 altered the graphical interface for Codex Entries to accommodate the DCP stat introduced in the previous update. Additionally, the level of a Dragon was moved from underneath it to above it, the amount of Enchantment Stars has swapped places with the button for switching between a Dragon's forms, the Dragon's name has been moved under the Dragon, and a background has been added to the descriptive text while the text itself has been made static.
- Update 4.0 introduced four new collections, namely Mysterious Dragons, Secrets of the Arena, Elites of the Arena and Collector's Dragons.
- With the introduction of the Dragon Collector Leaderboard, all Dragons, except Boss Dragons, will now have their Dragon Collector Points displayed on their Codex Entry.
- Update 3.7 added the button to the Codex Entry of Dragons.
- Update 3.2 removed the Base Attack and Base Health stats from the Codex Entries of Boss Dragons. Additionally, the button no longer displays the "Buy" text, only the cost and currency of the Dragon.
- Update 3.0 added the Clan Siege Spirits collection to the Codex.
- Update 2.9 moved the Collections section back here. Additionally, major changes have been implemented:
- The Dragon Codex is no longer unlocked after exploring the Mystic Cave for the first time, but after the Trainer has bred and hatched the first Smoke Dragon.
- All the collections have been replaced by new ones.
- All collections are now displayed vertically instead of horizontally.
- Collections now list, by default, all the Dragons inside them while the newly-introduced tab can be used to switch to a checklist-like format.
- The tab has been replaced by the tab.
- The tab has been replaced by the button.
- The tab has been replaced by the button.
- More filtering options have been added.
- The Trainer can now switch between the egg and adult form of a Dragon on its Codex Entry.
- Several new buttons have been introduced for Codex Entries, which will be displayed depending on the method of obtaining the Dragon.
- The Trainer is now able to see the Codex Entries of Dragons they do not have, and a friend of theirs does, when comparing their Dragons to that of that friend's.
|The Core||Reward: 5|
|Water Droplets||Reward: 10|
|Glowing Coals||Reward: 10|
|Garden In Bloom||Reward: Razor Dragon|
|Playroom Pleasures||Reward: 15|
|Wonders of Nature||Reward: 20|
|Elements in Harmony||Reward: 20|
|Five Shades of Dragonscale||Reward: Blueflame Dragon|
|Battle Dragons||Reward: 25|
|Puffs of Air||Reward: 25|
|Cogs in the Machine||Reward: 25|
|Radiating Power||Reward: 30|
|Out of Your Leagues||Reward: 30|
|Titan's Court||Reward: 30|
|Very Important Dragons||Reward: 35|
|Rays of Light||Reward: 22|
|Creeping Shadows||Reward: 22|
|Dazzling Crystals||Reward: 30|
|Clan Trophies||Reward: 25|
- Update 2.5 moved the Collections section from here to Achievements and added the option to go directly to the Dragon into its Habitat from its Codex Entry.
- The name Book of Dragons was dropped and now it is simply known as Codex or Dragon Codex.
- Update 2.0 introduced the Clan Trophies collection and added the option to filter Dragons by as part of the introduction of Dragon Pieces.
- Update 1.9 introduced the option to rename Dragons, which was added to their Codex Entry.
- Update 1.8 added the option to filter Dragons by as part of the introduction of VIP-Exclusive Dragons.
- Update 1.5 introduced the Book of Dragons and the Rays of Light, Creeping Shadows, and Dazzling Crystals collections, and merged the Codex Entry with the stats screen.