From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
See Hatching for more information
“Your dragon eggs will hatch here.”
The Hatchery is the only place where Dragons can be incubated and hatched. Selecting the Hatchery will bring up the option, which takes the Trainer to the Dragons tab of the Main Shop. Trainers can purchase Dragons there or send them to the Hatchery through the option, if available. Dragons can also be bought from other shops in the game and from the Dragon Codex. If available, Dragons can be sent to the hatchery from the All and Eggs tabs of the inventory through the button. If the Hatchery is full when the Trainer tries to incubate an egg coming from the Breeding Den or the inventory, a notice will pop up informing them that they first need to free up some nests. Should the Trainer instead purchase an egg from anywhere in the game while the Hatchery is full, the egg goes directly into the inventory.
Incubation[edit | edit source]
Whenever a Dragon is being incubated, its egg will stay still in the nest. Selecting the Hatchery will display the icons of the Dragons in their baby form. The time remaining until a Dragon can hatch will be shown underneath its egg. The Hatchery displays only the two highest units of time, thus the actual time might differ slightly from the time displayed. For example, if the Trainer's VIP Level is 1 or inactive, and they are hatching an Ancient Dragon, the time displayed at the beginning of the incubation will be 4 days and 19 hours instead of 4 days, 19 hours and 20 minutes, the actual hatching time of all Ancient Dragons.
Time Reduction[edit | edit source]
The icon of all Dragons in the Hatchery have the icon on the bottom, indicating that the incubation time can be skipped, and the amount of Gems on the top, indicating the amount and currency needed for skipping. Pressing the icon in this stage will bring up a window with a close-up shot of the egg, the time remaining until the Dragon can hatch, and the option of skipping the entire time in exchange for Gems . Pressing this button will speed up the remaining time, allowing the Dragon to hatch from its shell.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, by 5 if between the 10-100 range, by 25 if between the 100-200 range, and by 50 if between the 200-1,000 range.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes) is: (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3.6 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of an Ancient Dragon (4 days and 19 hours) is: (415200 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 415200 = 210 - rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.
Additionally, two other options for speeding up the hatching process might be shown:
- If an advertisement video is currently available for watching, the button will appear, giving the Trainer the option to watch said video in exchange for a 30-minute reduction on the tier.
- If the Trainer possesses a Relic of Hatching, the button will be shown if the timer left is 8 hours or fewer while if the timer is over 8 hours, the will be shown instead, as this relic provides an 8-hour reduction on the timer. Pressing either button will skip, respectively shorten the timer.
Whenever more than one time-reducing option are available, only the will be shown on the Dragons' icon. If an advertisement video is available for the Hatchery, the icon will appear atop the building. Outside the Hatchery, the hatching time can also be reduced through:
- Forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers in the game by 6 hours
- Activating the Clan Fortress's power, which reduces all ongoing hatching processes by 40 to 80 minutes depending on its level
- Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes. This bonus will apply to a random ongoing hatching upon being collected.
Hatching[edit | edit source]
Dragon eggs that are ready to hatch will be jumping in the nest, and the icon will appear above the Hatchery. Pressing the incubated Dragon's icon will bring up a window where the Trainer can crack open the egg through repeated tapping, and then either place the baby Dragon inside a fitting Habitat, or inside the Dragon Vault, or sell it on the spot. A text will appear above the baby Dragon if there are no empty, fitting Habitats or empty slots in the Dragon Vault to place the Dragon in. The egg will continue to take up a spot in the Hatchery until the Trainer takes one of those actions.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
The Hatchery starts out with one nest, but can be upgraded using Gems to increase the number of egg nests, allowing multiple eggs to be incubated simultaneously. Upgrading the Hatchery is an instant process and it is done by selecting the Hatchery, the pressing the button and then the green button representing the upgrade cost. Upgrading can take place even when eggs are incubated.
|Hatchery||Level||Size||Eggs Held||Gem Cost||Experience|
|1||5 x 5||1||None||-|
|2||5 x 5||2||150||1,660|
|3||6 x 6||3||450||5,000|
|4||6 x 6||4||1,000||11,110|
|5||6 x 6||5||2,500||27,770|
Moving[edit | edit source]
The Hatchery can be moved to a different location by pressing down on the building and then dragging it to the new location or by pressing down on the building and then simply tapping the desired location. The Hatchery is selected for moving when the X and buttons appear underneath it. An arrow will appear on each side of the building indicating if it can be placed in the new location or not. If the arrows are gray, the spot is not accessible, and if the arrows are green, the building can be placed onto that spot. The repositioning is confirmed through the button while pressing the X will cancel the moving and restore the default position of the Hatchery.
History[edit | edit source]
- Update 4.7 introduced the Relic of Hatching and the option as two methods for reducing the incubation time.
- Update 4.1 added two additional nests to the Hatchery.
- Update 4.0 introduced the icon to indicate when at least one egg is ready to be cracked open.