From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
Idea about the summer event[edit source]
Hi Kimberly :) Star Warden told me that I can talk to you about an idea because you know better how to arrange the page
Here the idea it's about the summer event that we have now and all the events that are coming, we can put for each tier how many time it takes to complete it, like that we can know (with the time that we have left) how much far we can go on the event. So ive done the time in hours tier 1-9 in hours of course maybe it's false it has to be recalculated so here it is :
Tier 1 : 3h Tier 2 : 4h Tier 3 : 6,25 h Tier 4 : 7,5h Tier 5 : 10h Tier 6 : 7,5 h Tier 7 : 12,5 h Tier 8 : 14 h Tier 9 : 16 h
- Allen-Thank you for contacting me about this. Yes, I've seen people post times in comments before trying to help people figure out if they have enough time left to complete events. Adding a timetable to the actual event page is a great idea! I've looked at the times and you are correct, they are a little off as it looks like you didn't take into account that the initial pool can be collected at the beginning of each tier. I'll recalculate the times and put up a prototype and present it to the staff. Thanks again, and always feel free to contact me with any other ideas or questions you have! --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 16:09, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
"About the Game" Page[edit source]
On the page where the actual Dragon Mania Legends game is described, I was thinking of adding a gallery of some sort on there, since, apparently, you are the one who created the page. You know when you pause the game on Dragon Mania Legends, and there is a "Help" tab? Well, it gives you a booklet (sort-of). It describes the game there. Would that be good to add to that page? --jb1001-- 01:12, 22 October 2015 (UTC)
- JB, thank you for contacting me. While it may seem like a good idea to add a gallery to that page, there are a few reasons why this should not be done. First, it is an article page. While a few images may be fitting within the article itself, a gallery would not be appropriate. Secondly, if you read through the 'Help' booklet, you will notice that some of the information is out of date and no longer accurate (for example, look at the Archipelago page, I think it's page 9). Lastly, each of the topics in the help book correlates to a different page here on the wiki and they have been linked throughout the article for convenient access.
- Please don't let this deter you from submitting more ideas, though, I would love to hear them!`--~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 01:54, 22 October 2015 (UTC)
Thank you, completely understandable. I will try to think of other ideas, though many of them are already done! I will persevere, though. Thanks again, Kimberly. --jb1001-- 16:43, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
Once I have some pictures that are suitable for that page, I will contact you to consider them. Maybe the start page of the game? I don't know, but once I come up with something I will contact you. I will probably have them by next week (hopefully). Thank you! --jb1001-- 17:05, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hey, sorry for barging in, but I just want to point out a minor thing. When showing someone a page on the wiki, please link it as an internal link and not an external link, otherwise people will think the page is outside the wiki before clicking it. In this example, you should have used
[[Dragon Mania Legends - Game Description|described]]and
[[Dragon Mania Legends - Game Description|page]]. --Star Warden-- 17:25, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not sure. Let me think about it and I will get back to you. --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 21:03, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Jordan! No problem, I understand. Do you happen to know what the Experience Reward is for Level 3 Void Temple? There is always a lot to do on the wiki, are you looking for any specific type of task or just anything at all?--~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 17:05, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello, and no, I don´t know the experience reward. Sorry about that. I had already upgraded it to level 3. I´m not looking for anything in particular. Anything you need, I can help you with. --jb1001-- 17:56, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Okay, no problem. Let's see how you do with descriptions...if you could add to the description of one or all of these Dragons: Moon Rabbit Dragon, Yeti Dragon and Reaper Dragon. Here's some information on how descriptions should be done: Composing Descriptions. --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 18:23, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
Grids of the Islands[edit source]
I just saw that you put my grid image into the page for the Islands. Unfortunately, it cannot be seen directly, you have to click on it. Shall I change the image (perhaps turning off the transparency, adjust the size or whatever), or is there anything that must be done to the page? I will upload the grid for the main island soon...
- Hi Nicky,
- What do you mean it cannot be seen directly, I can see it? I would recommend making it a .png instead of a .gif though.
if I visit the page with any of my browsers on the PC, the images are not shown. On my phone everything is ok, the images are there. But your wish is my command - png's done and uploaded ...
- Yes, that is much better! It was my mistake not to mention that we use .png for files with a transparent background and to keep the background transparent, otherwise we always use the .jpg format for all other images. Anyways, I can redo them later on, but you shouldn't have any issues viewing them now that they are in the .png format.
Finally done with the next Islands. Tranquil Garden will take some more days since I have to clear it first completely; do you wish me to upload the screenshots of the emptied islands as well?
- Thanks! Don't worry about Tranquil Garden, I went ahead and took care of it. As far as the empty island screenshots, let me check on that as I think we decided before not to do them but I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I find out.
- --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 01:30, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
As far as I can see your grid of Tranquil garden is not quite correct. The big Island up left can hold four 6*6 Habitats, so it has to be 12*12. The same goes for the little island on the right, it can hold one 6*6 Habitat, so it has to be 6*6. Can you check on this, or do you want to wait until I am done with clearing? ;-) Nicky (talk) 07:59, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
- You are absolutely correct, I miscounted. I'll get it corrected. Thank you!
- --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 18:08, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Team Building Application[edit source]
- Hello, Clement!
- Thank you for contacting me about the team building app you have created. You will need to contact one of the bureaucrats (User talk:Vercanos or User talk:Star Warden) to ask for your app to be promoted on this site. If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know!
Okay thank you for your help :-) 188.8.131.52 09:36, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
I'm so sorry...[edit source]
I'm so sorry that I kept on messing up in this wiki like I put my DML player info in the friend's page so from now on, I would just edit spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes and adding the new DOTW. So if it did something wrong, feel free to edit the mistakes that I did and I'm not really good at coding and I have some grammar mistakes due to that I'm a Filipino not a Brazilian and my username doesn't mean I'm Brazilian and don't forget that me and you have different time zones so you may not reply to me at this time. So, would you forgive me, please? :) ~ Brazilian Mother Of Pearl --Brazilian Mother Of Pearl (talk) 04:13, 11 April 2017 (UTC) And it's 12:14 PM in my area thanks :)
- Brazilian Mother Of Pearl,
- I can not see that you have done anything so horrible as you make it sound. Yes, you made errors. That's okay, you are not the only one to make mistakes. No worries, we corrected them. You've only been blocked once, (Sept. 21, 2015), for disobeying the wiki policy by deleting someone else's information to add yourself to the Wiki Friend Page. It will help if you read the instructions on the Guide:Wiki_Friend_Page before entering your information. We always welcome our members to help on the wiki. We do ask that you read the Wiki Quick Reference Guide, Editing Central, and Manual of Style regularly to help prevent too many unnecessary errors. I will post a message on your talk page with some helpful links for you. I hope this helps! --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 16:22, 11 April 2017 (UTC)
Tornado Dragon description[edit source]
Hello Kimberly! I was looking at Tornado Dragon page and I noticed its description ending: "It has two spikes on the front of its face, one on the bridge of the nose between the eyes while the other sits above the eyes and red eyes". I don't understand why there is a "eyes and red eyes" phrase. English is not my native language, so maybe I am wrong considering this a mistake.Carnival (talk) 11:57, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
- Good catch, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! It looks like it was a mistake made at the time of a description update. I have seen to correcting it. Let me know if you come across any other issues!
|Hello, Kimberly. you probably noticed that I'm trying to add some of the missing images (hopefully not too freely and as intended by you and the others, trying to use one of the existing images as a template).
My question is - where do you find these high-resolution images? the game surely must store them somewhere on my pc - how can i access them? or are you drawing them by hand? Further - please help me in improving according to the guide lines by criticism (i can handle it) as I'd like to continue contributing - thanks. Soukupmi (talk) 18:23, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
- Hello, Soukupmi.
- We get some of the images directly from Gameloft. Otherwise, I mainly take screenshots in-game (or that others have taken and passed on to me) and then edit them as needed for size, quality, and accuracy. I use the free paint.net program that can be obtained at https://www.getpaint.net/download.html rather than the standard paint program that usually comes pre-installed on units. I find it is much more flexible and I can accomplish more and produce better end results, especially when cleaning up edges, rounded corners, and such.
- You've done a good job with avoiding leaving empty borders in images (a blank space between the actual image and the edge of the overall image). Remember to watch file sizes, some images will need to be resized if they are too large (I would have reduced the size of this one slightly: Clan Siege Event). We want to keep images below 2000 pixels, requiring most to being 1200 pixels or less.
- I've added some links to your user page that may help and you can always message me here or on facebook if you have any specific questions.
- --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 19:22, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
You're welcome! Here is an example of an image after I've edited it, I took the image you uploaded and cleaned it up in paint.net. http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/File:Clan_Dragon_Power_Token_Icon.png I'll wait a little bit before deleting the old version so you can compare the two, hopefully no one else deletes it before then. Also, when uploading images, you do not have to put in license information, as we have permission from Gameloft to post screenshots for wiki purposes. --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 21:12, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
- This is like CSI-DML... how did you do that? is there a howto? Soukupmi (talk) 21:28, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
No, *lol*, there is not. I'm actually self-taught. But I'd be happy to spend some time with you giving you some tips at some point if you have facebook.
I see you've uploaded several images for the Dragon Codex. When you have more than one image in the same category, you should use the Multi-Upload link. It takes a moment to load, but it is much better doing it that way.--~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 22:14, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
- I tried to but apparently this is only an option for an "autoconfirmed user" - whatever that is. but opening the upload pages in seperate tabs worked for me. Soukupmi (talk) 18:32, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
- Autoconfirmed users are regular users, but with a little more privileges. You have met the edit requirement to become one, now you just have to wait a little more time and the software will automatically promote you. The multiupload limitation was done, back in the days, to prevent any upload spam that could have occurred by spammers who managed to bypass the initial spam filter. But I have flipped a few switches and now multiupload is working for anyone who is logged in. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the future, please let us know if you encounter any issue, either on any of the staff's talk page or the support page and we'll get to it right away. │Star-Warden│ 19:48, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
Contribution 2[edit source]
- Hi. I'll answer that in the meantime. First of all - please create a separate topic for what you want to say.
- Second: While we all really appreciate your intentions of making the wording clearer (we really do!) your wording didn't do it. "During" would make it inactive with the next update eg and HQ isn't self explanatory. But please continue checking for optimizations and don't take it personal if someone reverts your edits. Thanks for understanding! | -- SoukupMi -- (talk) 21:34, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
Tables in BDGD and DOTW[edit source]
Hello Kimberly As I updated the BDGD table, I encounter a very small and maybe pretty irrelevant problem, but I nevertheless wanted to make sure. When BDGD and also DOTW are available for the turn of the months, the dragon is sometimes listed in the past (starting) month and sometimes in the next (ending) month. Is there a rule for that or is it just a little bit arbitrary, where the dragons are listed? It isn't a big problem, but I am curious :) Sincerely, Jannik (talk) 15:35, 23 November 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, Jannik!
- That is a very good question, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Honestly, it has never come up before. It should only be done one way, and considering the topic for the dates, it should be put into the table according to the month for which the 'event' starts. I've fixed the BDGD table and am currently updating the DOTW table, hopefully this will eliminate any future confusion! --~*Kimberly*~--(talk) 20:45, 23 November 2019 (UTC)