From Dragon Mania Legends Wiki
The following is a list of categories for which contributions are needed, as well as a brief description of each category.
- 1 Before You Begin
- 2 Dragons
- 3 Articles
Before You Begin
Before editing, please read:
Also please familiarize yourself with the Wiki Staff.
Creating New Pages
If you plan to create new articles for the wiki, please read the Wiki Quick Reference Guide to learn more about when and how to Create a new page. New pages are typically created from existing links created by wiki Staff to follow page naming conventions, with some exceptions. All contributions must be factual and are subject to review based on the Manual of Style guidelines and site Policies. Contributions that do not meet these criteria, or follow the existing wiki conventions may be edited or removed/undone.
NEVER add information on content that has not been released by Gameloft yet. Doing so without permission from Gameloft may result in a ban.
Wiki's are collaborative editing environments, it is important not to be precious about your contributions. All contributions may be edited mercilessly with good intentions. As stated on mediawiki.org, if you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then do not submit it here.
Wiki Staff are regular contributors with routine maintenance tasks and edits, if you need help or would like to help with routine tasks instead of the ones outlined on this page, consider adding a message to a Staff member's "Talk" page or post something on the Wiki Support page. The regular contributor/maintainer of any page can be viewed by clicking the button entitled Actions, and then clicking History.
To help new editors get familiar with how edits and pages are easily done (we have quite a few tricks up our sleeves), and also to help with the usage of our templates, the Wiki Staff have created a Messenger group where we gladly and patiently answer editing questions. Come, get in touch and join us.
Visual descriptions are needed for Dragons that do not yet have them. There are currently 508 Dragons that need visual descriptions written. A guide on how to describe Dragons can be found here.
- Pages with Descriptions Needed.
Codex Entries Needed
Some Dragons may be entered without their in-game Dragon Codex entry being filled out. There are currently 0 Dragons that need Dragon Codex entries written.
- Pages with Codex Entry Needed.
Update Linking Needed
The Game Updates link to the newly introduced Dragons. 0 Dragons are still missing the link back to the update though.
|update= Update x.y parameter should be added at the end of the template call on the Dragon's page.
- Pages with Update Entry Needed.
Regular Updates Needed
Some pages need regular updates that Staff may not have time to do, some of these include:
- Dragon of the Week
- Dragon of the Month
- Reward of the Month
- Bottomless Dungeon Guaranteed Dragon
- Weekly Jackpot and Guaranteed Treasure
- Weekly Dragon Pieces
- Piggy Bank
- Otto's Lotto Week
- Frenzy Days
Articles Needing Maintenance
- A page that needs fixing will usually contain general information that has not been written into an article yet, needs editing or the article needs to be rewritten. Pages that need to be written into an article are in the stage of information gathering before being created. A page will need to be edited if there are improper or missing links, bad grammar, spelling errors or misinformation. A page needs to be rewritten when the information in the article is presented in a jumbled fashion or the page is written in an informal style.
- Pages with missing information usually need data such as new pages that still need information gathered, specific level goals, old event information etc.
- Pages without proper images either having missing images or images that do not meet the Manual of Style requirements. The most common error made with images is improper or no cropping. Improper images need to be replaced or edited to meet the Manual of Style.
- List of Articles needing maintenance.
Article Status Templates Used
Articles that use Article Status templates may have information that needs to be added/changed to ensure the article is complete. Once complete the Article Status template may be changed or removed.
- List of Article Status templates in use.
NEVER add information on content that has not been released by Gameloft yet.
Wanted Pages are articles that are needed on the wiki. These usually include new content brought by recent updates or just missing events.
- List of Wanted Pages.
Wanted Files are images that are needed on the wiki. These are usually missing images of Dragons that have been mentioned in-game or by Gameloft but have not yet been seen or Dragon related images such as Dragon Eggs, buildings of a specific level or images of specific upgrade information. Note: Please do not create files that end in "Dragon Icon.png" (e.g., File:Leo Dragon Icon.png), these files are created by an Administrator (Kim) to ensure size and image consistency given their use in the DML Wiki interface.
- List of Wanted Files.