From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
See Breeding for more information.
|Place two adult dragons in the breeding den to get new baby dragons.|
|Enables Breeding to obtain new Dragons, and Enchanted Breeding when upgraded.|
Cost: Free initially, variable to upgrade.
6 x 6
The following function buttons appear when the building is selected:
- – Upgrade, for upgrading the Breeding Den (appears if upgrades are available and the den is not busy).
- – Breed, for breeding (appears if the den is not busy).
- – Rebreed, for repeating last-used breeding combination (appears if the den is not busy).
- – Enchanted Breeding, for breeding Enchanted Dragons (appears when the den is upgraded and three level 16 Dragons are owned).
- – Information, for a tutorial/guide about breeding.
See Enchanted Breeding for more information.
The Breeding Den has 6 levels, each unlocks breeding certain Enchantment Dragons, though the building always occupies a 6x6 square, regardless of level. Upgrading is done in exchange for Enchanted Trinkets , and happens instantly after selecting the button, then confirming the Upgrade cost.
|Level||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
To breed, press the , select two eligible Dragons, one from either side of the interface, and then press the Breed button. Alternatively, the search field is used to search by Dragon species by selecting it, entering text, then pressing the button. If the currently selected pair will result in a duplicate Dragon, a confirmation window appears with options for proceeding. The Change Parents button returns to the previous Dragon selection screen, the Get Duplicate button confirms breeding choice and proceeds with breeding.
Dragons ineligible to breed are greyed out and cannot be selected. Other breeding criteria and factors also apply, see Breeding for those factors and for in-depth breeding information.
Before confirming a breeding combination, the Possible
Results button may be pressed to list of all possible outcomes, in the form of an egg. Tapping each egg displays its species name, elements, and if already owned a check mark and Owned text.
Outcomes are influenced by game progress, since Elements not yet unlocked cannot be bred, meaning their outcomes do not appear in the list.
Double Egg Relic
Breeding outcomes are influenced by use of the Double Egg Relic, which is activated from the All or Consumables tab of Inventory , pressing the use button, then the confirming the choice; the relic can also be activated inside the Breeding Den by pressing the button and then pressing the Use 1 button. Once activated, the relic lasts 12 hours and applies to both dens (if the Extra Den is activated), regardless of the number of breeding processes occurring during that period.
Two randomly selected eggs are presented from the possible breeding pool, provided the combination has two or more possible outcomes. The Trainer decides which egg to breed by selecting the desired egg, then pressing the Done button. If a Double Egg Relic is already active, using another extends the effect another 12 hours. A maximum of 5 can be obtained through the use of regular In-Game Currency for storage in Inventory, more can be stored if obtained via other methods such as prizes obtained during Events.
Breeding Helper provides recommendations for previously unobtained Dragons to breed, and is opened by pressing the ? button. A maximum of three Dragons are chosen at random from Normally-Breedable Dragons, with the notable exception of Breedable Legendaries, while others are chosen from Breeding Tokens. If there are no currently obtainable Dragons left to breed, the Breeding Helper recommends breeding a Limited-Time Dragon. Pressing the Breed button below any Dragon selects two parents whose combination can produce it, though it doesn't yet begin the breeding, which must be confirmed using the Breed button.
Breeding requires a period of time before an egg is produced, typically the time increases with Rarity and higher Elements. When breeding, only the two highest units of time appear on the den, indicating breeding time left. Dragons in the den do not produce Gold, cannot be interacted with, and cannot return to their Habitats until the egg is moved to the Hatchery. Breeding completion is indicated by a notice above the den, tapping it moves the egg to the Hatchery if free nests are available.
See Breeding Length Calculation for information on Breeding time calculation.
The DML Planner Breeding function calculates Dragon breeding in different modes:
Aside from an active Level 2 VIP Status which reduces the breeding and hatching time by 20%, any ongoing breeding time is also reduced by 6 hours whenever Chronosian Seals are forged or Chronos's power is used, and by 5 minutes for each Timer Boost received from visiting Trainers. Additional time reduction options are:
- Skip All - Skip the breeding time remaining using Gems.
- SKIP 30m - Watch an ad video (if available) for a 30-minute timer reduction anytime the icon appears above a den. Any excessive time is wasted.
Relic of Breeding
Breeding time is influenced by use of the Relic of Breeding, which is usable by selecting the Breeding Den (or Extra Den), selecting a breeding to speed up, then pressing the Skip button. Once activated, the relic decreases the timer of any one breeding by 8 hours. A maximum of 10 can be obtained through the use of regular In-Game Currency for storage in Inventory, more can be stored if obtained via other methods such as prizes obtained during Events.
See Speeding Up for time skip formulas.
The Extra Den is an extra Breeding Den located left of the Clam. The den is usable for 30 days in exchange for $4.99 USD. The Extra Den is accessed by selecting its physical structure, or by opening the Breeding den, and pressing the Extra Den! button. Once both dens are activated, the Extra den shows a button, and either button may be used to swap between dens.
Since this den is part of the Main Island it cannot be moved or upgraded. Additionally, only Dragons that can be bred in the usual Breeding Den can be bred in the Extra Den, and it is directly dependent upon the level of the other den.
Extra Den Relic
The Extra Den is influenced by use of the Extra Den Relic, which is activated from the All or Consumables tab of Inventory , by pressing the Use button, then the Confirm button. Once activated, the relic lasts 24 hours. A maximum of 5 can be obtained through the use of regular In-Game Currency for storage in Inventory, more can be stored if obtained via other methods such as prizes obtained during Events.
If breeding is ongoing when an Extra Den expires, den ownership remains valid until breeding is finished and the egg is moved to the Hatchery. Renewal is not necessary for an active breeding to continue. If an Extra Den Relic is already active, using another extends the effect another 24 hours.
Repeating breeding of the last paired and bred Dragons is done by pressing the button, and then the Breed button. This does not affect previously selected Dragons, just previously bred Dragons. This feature serves as a convenient, shortcut to continue breeding to try for Dragons that may require repeat attempts to successfully breed.
To breed Enchantment Dragons, the button is pressed, a Dragon is selected, then the Start
Breeding button is pressed. If both parents are free and meet the necessary Enchantment Level to breed, breeding begins. If the parents don't meet the requirements, the Enchant button appears along with other requirements displayed. The latter button takes the Trainer directly to the Enchantment screen to Enchant the Dragon.
The Breed button brings the Trainer back to the main Breeding Den screen. The ? button provides the following introduction/tutorial information about enchanted breeding:
See Enchanted Breeding for more information.
A single object is moved by pressing and holding it until move options activate, indicated by X buttons below it and colored move arrows on each side. Green move arrows indicate sufficient placeable space, gray arrows indicate not enough. Moved the object by dragging, tapping the move arrows, or tapping the destination, then pressing . A moved is cancelled by pressing X.
- Select one or more objects to move them at the same time.
- Swap two objects by selecting them and tapping .
- Store multiple objects in inventory by selecting them and tapping (eligible buildings/objects only).
Dragging or tapping does not move objects in Edit Mode, the initial state is selection-only; instead, tapping the button enables dragging or tapping, the base of all objects turn green or gray indicating if there's enough placeable space to move the items to as a unit.
- Breeding, for detailed information about breeding.
- Enchanted Breeding, for a list of Enchantment Breeding Dragons.
- Enchantment System, the interface that houses all Enchantment-related menus and functions (except Ascension).
- Update 7.6: Lowered the offer discount amount of the Extra Den from 60% off to 40% off.
- Update 6.8: Reworked the appearance, background, and animations as well as Parent selection dialogs.
- Update 4.7: Introduced the Relic of Breeding, Extra Den Relic, and the Double Egg Relic.
- Update 4.4: Added signs above the den when it is idle.
- Update 4.2: Moved the Breeding Helper from the limited-time breeding screen to the Breeding Den.
- Made Breeding Den show all possible outcomes.
- Added window showing if the currently selected pair of Dragons has produced all possible offspring.
- Update 3.8: Introduced the Extra Den, a Breeding Den that can purchased for a limited time.
- Update 3.7: Reintroduced option to reduce the breeding time by watching videos.
- Update 3.6: Discontinued the Skip 30 Minutes video option.
- Update 3.5: Reintroduced the Skip 30 Minutes video option.
- Update 3.1: Added ability to access the Enchanted Breeding menu while the Den is busy. The Skip 30 Minutes option was discontinued.
- Update 3.0: Introduced option to partially skip breeding times by watching videos when the Skip 30 Minutes or Hatch Now! buttons were available.
- Update 2.3: Introduced upgrades to the Breeding Den as part of the Enchantment feature.
- Update 2.1: Added search to search by specific Dragon name.
- Update 1.4: Added a re-breeding button allowing the last pairing to be repeated.
- Update 1.1: Added information window for the basics of breeding.