From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
Castle Events Events are limited-time competitions in which each Trainer participates individually. The goal is to progress through the different levels of the Castle (collecting all the pieces for the bonus limited Card-Segment Dragon along the way) and obtain the grand prize Limited-Time Dragon.
Mechanics[edit source | VE]
Every six hours, from the beginning of the event, Trainers can earn a set amount of currency specific to the event by doing tasks throughout Dragolandia. The amount of currency earned during each cycle is limited, but increases upon gaining access to higher levels of the Castle.
An available level is entered, then currency used to progress along the paths. The total tile progression cost of a level is distributed among the different paths and tiles inside that level. Each progression on the path rewards the Trainer with different resources, such as Food or Gold.
Occasionally, a path is blocked by a Dragon, and the Dragon must be defeated in battle normally, or the battle can be won instantly in exchange for a certain amount of currency. If the battle is lost, a period of time must pass before it can be attempted again, though the waiting period can be skipped in exchange for currency.
The end of each path has a chest that can be opened using currency. The chest offers either a Dragon Piece for a limited Card-Segment Dragon, or a key that unlocks the next Castle level. Only one chest on each level holds the key, while the remaining all give a Dragon Piece. The position of the key is random for every Trainer and may be found in any chest. Once the next level is unlocked the remaining chests on that level do not need to be opened to progress. Higher levels often give more currency per cycle, so progression to higher levels gives more overall currency. Going back to open all the chests after the final level is complete, however, is necessary to obtain the Card Dragon.
Opponents[edit source | VE]
The Dragon Leveling of enemy Dragons encountered in battles are calculated when the Trainer joins the event and not during the event. Thus, selling, enchanting, or leveling a Dragon while during the event has no impact on opposing Dragon strength.
Shrines[edit source | VE]
See Shrines for a list of all Shrines
Shrines are small structures with limited functionality. During their functional period, shrines generate a type of limited currency specific to the Castle Event. Upon purchase, the shrine contains 100 pieces of currency, produces currency at 7 per hour, and can hold a maximum of 168 currency at any given time.
For easier collection, a icon appears above the building to indicate it has accumulated at least 30% of its capacity, while the icon appears when the shrine is at 100% capacity. Both icons indicate the currency generated by the shrine. Apart from this method of collecting, currency can also be collected by pressing the i button after the building is selected or by pressing the Collect button from the information screen that appears through the i option.
Each shrine costs $1.99 USD. The shrine is built instantly, yields no experience points, and has a size of 2x2 squares. It cannot be sold, but it can be stored in the inventory . While Trainers can buy various shrines, the same type of shrine can only be purchased once.
Shrines are only functional during the Castle Event in which they are introduced. After the event is over, they turn into regular Decorations with no function other than decorative. Selecting the shrine provides an additional button that is pressed to show its description.
Followers[edit source | VE]
In some Castle Events, certain entities throughout the levels will follow the Trainer after being interacted with. Their appearance is in accordance with the theme of the event, such as Christmas, Easter or Halloween. In some cases, a badge is awarded for meeting specific requirements of interacting with these entities.
Repeatable Level[edit source | VE]
Once a Castle Event is fully complete (every chest from prior levels opened), the repeatable level unlocks. While progressing through the repeatable level map, 1 point is awarded for each step, and 5 points are awarded for each chest opened. Once all chests are open, the map again repeats, and so on and so forth. Points earned from repeatable levels place Trainers on a leaderboard. At event end, prizes are given based on final position, and the top 3 Trainers unlock and are awarded a Badge exclusive to the event.
History[edit source | VE]
- Update 6.9: Castle Events were extended, adding a repeatable level for players having extra time and currency left after (opening all chests). The top 3 Trainers unlock an exclusive badge, points go into a leaderboard and once the event ends, prizes are earned based on final position. While progressing through the map, Trainers earn the following points:
- 1 point for each step on a node.
- 5 points for each chest opened.
- Update 5.7: Added Sigils to Castle Events of equivalent rarity to the Trainer’s Sigils.
- Update 3.6: Made the level of enemy Dragons in battle able to go as high as level 82, while the the Trainers' Dragons remained limited to Level 80.
- Update 3.3: Made playable at Player Level 7 instead of Level 12.
- Update 2.8: Introduced Currency generators, first to The Great Egg Hunt (17/04/13) (which had a different currency generation rate that was later adjusted).
- Update 2.3: Added an extra level to regular Castle Events, bringing the total number to 6 levels.
- Discontinued hatching Dragons as a method for earning currency and replaced it with catching flying creatures.
- Update 2.1: Introduced.
Pages in category "Castle Events"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- Divine Allies (19/06/21)
- Divine New Year (18/02/16)
- Divine Party -- A Birthday (22/08/15)
- Divine Party -- A Farewell (22/08/29)
- Divine Party -- Basement (21/09/06)
- Divine Party -- Frozen Hearts (22/01/03)
- Divine Party -- Rooftop (21/08/23)
- Divine Party -- Spring's Renewal (22/04/11)
- Divine Party -- Spring's Stand (22/04/25)
- Divine Party -- Winter Sun (21/12/20)
- Divine Party Drama (21/04/19)
- Divine Party Foul (21/05/03)
- Dragolympus Rising (17/09/01)
- The Final Journey Part I (20/09/07)
- The Final Journey Part II (20/09/21)
- The Forgotten Castle (16/05/17)
- The Great Egg Hunt (17/04/13)
- The Great Eggs-pedition (19/04/19)
- The Great Hatchling Hunt (18/03/23)
- The Trainer Trials (16/08/12)
- The Trials of Odin Part I (18/10/15)
- Trials of Odin Part II (18/10/29)
- True Blue (21/10/01)
- True-Blue Challenge (20/04/06)