From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
See Skills for complete details about the skills of Dragons.
|Select a Dragon for Training!|
|Enables the Trainer to train their Dragon's to obtain new special fighting Skills.|
Cost: 7,442,500 (fully upgraded)
6 x 6
Dragon Academy is a school Building where Dragons are sent to gain special Skills for Battle, or to increase the level of ones they already possess.
Building Functions[edit source | edit]
The following function buttons appear when the building is selected:
- – Rebuild, for rebuilding the ruined building.
- – Upgrade, for upgrading the building.
- – Train, for training a Dragon.
Rebuilding[edit source | edit]
Before the Dragon Academy can be used, it must first be rebuilt. Rebuilding requires Hogwin to be rescued by completing battle Quest 5 in Normal Mode of the Campaign Map. Once the battle is won, selecting the academy ruins and then pressing the Rebuild button provides two options:
- Rebuild 2,500 – Rebuild for 2,500 Gold (which requires waiting the requisite time).
- Instant Rebuild – Rebuild for 12 Gems instantly, no waiting.
Once rebuilt, Dragons can be trained to the first skill level of their elements, further skill levels require the academy to be upgraded.
Upgrading[edit source | edit]
Upgrading is by selecting the building while inactive and tapping the upgrade button, providing two options:
- Instant Upgrade – Upgrade instantly for gems, no waiting.
- Upgrade – Upgrade for gold, wait the requisite time.
Available skill levels for training Dragons coincide with the level of the Dragon Academy. For example, if the academy has only been increased to Level 4, Dragons can only learn 4 levels of a skill. For each skill level from 2 to 6, the Academy must be upgraded, which has several requirements.
Upgrade Requirements[edit source | edit]
The Dragon Academy has five additional upgrades, unlocked as the Trainer progresses in level. Each Academy Level has a different cost, time to complete, and Experience earned. Each building level upgrade also requires a different amount of time to complete.
|Academy Level||Trainer Level||Gold Cost||Instant
|Time||Experience||Skill Level Unlocked||Training Time|
|Level 1||Level 4||2,500||12||1 hour||100||Level 1||2 minutes|
|Level 2||Level 8||40,000||45||3 hours||1,600||Level 2||10 minutes|
|Level 3||Level 10||400,000||235||5 hours||16,000||Level 3||1 hour|
|Level 4||Level 12||1,000,000||371||8 hours||40,000||Level 4||3 hours|
|Level 5||Level 14||2,000,000||673||10 hours||80,000||Level 5||6 hours|
|Level 6||Level 16||4,000,000||1,252||15 hours||160,000||Mastery||12 hours|
|7,442,500||2,588||42 hours||297,700||22 hours, 12 min|
Appearance[edit source | edit]
After rebuilding, the academy's appearance is restored and then its appearance changes slightly with each successive upgrade. The size of the building is 6x6 squares, regardless of its level.
Training[edit source | edit]
Since skills are element-specific, training per element is required. Selecting a Dragon for training is done by selecting the Dragon Academy, pressing the button, and choosing a Dragon in the subsequent selection screen. Only Dragons eligible for skill training appear in the selection screen, by level, in decreasing order. Dragons in the Dragon Vault cannot be selected. Filtering is done by pressing an Element icon or by pressing All, which removes previous element filters:
Sending Dragons to the Academy is also done by selecting a Dragon in their Habitat, which opens their Codex entry, then pressing the Academy button.
Training Information[edit source | edit]
After selecting an eligible Dragon, the Dragon Academy window appears, displaying: level(s) of current skill(s), skill information, cost, time required, the current number of Scrolls, the (Dragon) i info button, and the X close window button.
If no Skill was taught prior, the Unlock button is pressed to upgrade. If a Skill was taught prior, the Upgrade button is pressed, for Elements whose skill level is at least 1. Upgrading skills requires a certain amount of Scrolls and Gold , and takes a certain amount of time to complete. When a skill is finished being unlocked or upgraded, the icon appears above the Academy, tapping it concludes training and explains the Skill.
See Skills for skill details, upgrade costs, completion times, and masteries.
Mastery[edit source | edit]
Once the Skill level of an Element is 5, the Choose Your Mastery! button appears. When pressed, it prompts for a choice between one of two available Skill masteries. Pressing the Unlock button below the desired mastery begins its training, which takes a set time to complete. A mastery can later be changed on the same screen by pressing the button, where a new skill can be selected. Switching a skill is done instantly.
Time Reduction[edit source | edit]
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based on the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds for training skills;
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * TimeInSeconds for the construction time; and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, and by 5 if it is between the 10-100 range.
- The cost to skip the initial upgrading time to a Level 2 skill (10 minutes) is: (600 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 600 = 5.3 – rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 6 Gems.
- The cost to skip the initial upgrading time to a Level 2 Dragon Academy (3 hours) is: (10800 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 10800 = 18 – rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 20 Gems.
Outside the Dragon Academy, training time can be reduced through:
- Forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, both of which reduce timers by 6 hours.
- Timer Boosts, from visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes.
Moving[edit source | edit]
A single object is moved by pressing and holding it until move options activate, indicated by X buttons below it and colored move arrows on each side. Green move arrows indicate sufficient placeable space, grey arrows indicate not enough. Moved the object by dragging, tapping the move arrows, or tapping the destination, then pressing . A moved is cancelled by pressing X.
Edit Mode can be used to move multiple objects at once, when move options are activated as described above, press the button. Once enabled, moving and/or swapping instructions appear:
- Select one or more objects to move them at the same time.
- Swap two objects by selecting them and tapping .
- Store multiple objects in inventory by selecting them and tapping (eligible buildings/objects only).
Dragging or tapping does not move objects in Edit Mode, the initial state is selection-only; instead, tapping the button enables dragging or tapping, the base of all objects turn green or grey indicating if there's enough placeable space to move the items to as a unit.
See Also[edit source | edit]
- Skills, for detailed skill information, upgrade costs and times.
- Scrolls, for information on how scrolls are obtained.
History[edit source | edit]
- Update 4.2: Modified the graphical interface to make it more intuitive.
- Made only Dragons stored in the Dragon Vault, not eligible to attend the Academy.
- Made the skill-training screen more intuitive.
- Update 1.5: Made the building moveable.
- Update 1.1: Increased the costs for upgrading the building.
- Update 1.0: Introduced.