From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
See Card Dragons for more information.
Dragon Pieces are segments of a Dragon (represented by cards) collected to obtain a full Dragon when all required pieces/cards are collected. Dragon Pieces are used to obtain Clan Dragons and Card Dragons. Card backs for Dragon Pieces (observed in Calendar or Castle Events) correspond to the rarity of the Dragon piece they reward:
There are several ways to collect pieces for Card Dragons, some are only obtained from events, Mystery Gifting, the Dragon League, promotional Card Packs available for purchase, and others are obtained at all times or during a set timeframe from regular Card Packs. Clan Dragons are obtained through Clan Event Card Packs.
Regular Card Packs
The information may be incorrect or incomplete, and may change without warning.
Regular Card Packs are purchased by selecting the "Card Packs" button in the Main Shop. A free Five-Card Pack is given the first time a Trainer becomes a Clan member. A One-Card Pack can be obtained every 12 hours in exchange for watching an advertisement video (the two other Card Packs are sometimes offered as prizes in events). The 3-Card Pack is also available in the Clans interface by pressing the Clan Shop button, then paying the required Clan Coins.
|Type||One-Card Pack||Three-Card Pack||Five-Card Pack|
|Requirement||Player Level 12||Player Level 25||Player Level 12|
- Guaranteed one Rare Card or higher
- Guaranteed one Epic Card or higher
|Rarity||Probability of getting a Dragon Piece by rarity |
|29 / 100 or 9.67%||57 / 100 or 19%||115 / 100 or 38.33%|
|23 / 100 or 7.67%||47 / 100 or 15.67%||94 / 100 or 31.33%|
|30 / 100 or 6%||125 / 100 or 25%||122 / 100 or 24.4%|
|14 / 100 or 2.8%||57 / 100 or 11.4%||136 / 100 or 27.2%|
|3 / 100 or 1.5%||14 / 100 or 7%||34 / 100 or 17%|
- Averaged per 100 Card Packs opened
Daily Task Card Pack
Clan Event Card Packs
|Card Pack||Type||Recipient||Obtainment Details|
|Clan Dragon Pieces||The Clan||Minimum score required and a Top 7 position in the league required. The number awarded varies from 1 to 6 in accordance with final leaderboard rank.|
|Clan-Exclusive Dragon Pieces||All Clan members||Obtained up to four times by reaching Clan score milestones. The Number awarded varies from 1 to 5 depending on the league the Clan is currently in.|
Promotional Card Packs
Various promotional Card Packs are available, during a set time frame, which may include the chance of obtaining Dragon Pieces for certain Limited-Time Dragons, or an increased chance of obtaining one of the already-available Dragons.
The promotional Five-Card Pack contain either 4x the chance for a Dragon already found in the normal Five-Card Pack, or exclusive matching Dragon Pieces for a limited Dragon. The other Card Packs contain matching Dragon Pieces only for specific Dragons. The chance to obtain matching Dragon Pieces and the amount thereof can vary or are the same for all. All Card Packs are unlocked at Level 12.
|Promotional Five-Card Pack||4-6||Various|
Historically, there have been other promotional or seasonal card packs, as listed below.
Dragon Card Collections
Each Dragon Piece obtained is automatically added to the collective tally of pieces needed for the specific Dragon it matches. For Non-Clan Dragons, the egg can be immediately collected and sent to the Hatchery or found in the inventory under the Eggs tab for later hatching once all the required pieces are obtained for that specific Dragon.
These collections can be obtained from the Card Shop at any given time through regular Card Packs containing corresponding Dragon Pieces.
|Dragon||Icon||Type||Elements||Cost||# of Events|
|Liquid Fire Dragon||14||2|
|Machine Snake Dragon||80||8|
|Tick Tock Dragon||14|
|Piggy Bank Dragon||20||4|
These collections can only be obtained through intermittent events or Card Pack offers, which can contain Dragon Pieces corresponding to one or more of these collections.
See Weekly Dragon Pieces for more information.
The odds of getting a Weekly Dragon Piece in a regular card pack (instead of a regular card pack dragon), depends on the rarity of the dragon.
getting a Piece
See Dragon Piece Card Packs for more information.
|Rarity||Probability of Dragon |
Piece by rarity 
|61 / 100 or 30.5%|
|142 / 100 or 23.67%|
|197 / 100 or 16.42%|
- Averaged per 100 Card Packs opened
|Rarity||Dragon||Probability of |
getting a Piece
|League 1-3||League 4||League 5|
Dragon League Collection
See Dragon League for more information.
|Machine Snake Dragon||x|
See Gifting for more information.
See Daily Tasks for more information.
Other Collections / Events
See Divine Islands for more information.
See Ancient Islands for more information.
See Dragon Dice Events for more information.
- Update 6.7: Removed the option to purchase 1-Card or 5-Card Packs from the Clan Card Packs interface option (renamed as Clan Shop), though these packs are still available in the Main Shop's Card Packs section. The aforementioned change leaves the 3-Card Pack as still purchasable in the Clan Shop interface option.
- Update 4.9: Introduced Dragon Pieces for Ancient Dragons and the Fright Night Pack.
- Update 4.6: Introduced Otto's Card Pack.
- Update 4.5: Introduced Enchanted Card Pack.
- Update 4.3: Introduced the Snow Special and Winter Finale Card Packs.
- Update 4.1: Introduced the "To Arms!" and "Hug Them All!" Card Packs.
- Update 3.8: Introduced Otto's Lotto Week, a time-limited feature for Otto's Lotto that allows the Trainer to spin for Dragon Pieces.
- Update 3.6: Introduced the Daily Task Card Pack and discontinued the obtaining of the One-Card Pack from Daily Quests, due to these being redesigned as Daily Tasks.
- Update 3.3: Replaced Gems with Dragon Piece Tickets as the only means for buying the Five-Card Pack (prior, the cost of purchasing was 100 Gems, while the cost of the promotional version was 150 Gems.
- Update 3.1: Introduced Dragon Pieces for Divine Dragons.
- Update 2.7: Added ad video watching in exchange for a free One-Card Pack.
- Update 2.6: Introduced Dragon Pieces for Clan Dragons, the Milestone Card Pack, and Grand Prize Card Pack.
- Update 2.0: Introduced Dragon Pieces.