From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
There are filter buttons located at the bottom of the inventory screen for sorting stored items:
- All — Default tab that lists the combined contents of other tabs, including excess gold (the only tab it displays in).
- Consumables — Displays consumable resources, their quantity and limit (if applicable).
- Eggs — Displays Dragon eggs obtained from means other than breeding.
- Buildings — Displays placeable buildings obtained by means apart from buying or selling.
- Buildings can only be placed if enough space is available.
- Decorations — Displays placeable decorations obtained from means apart from buying.
- Decorations can only be placed if enough space is available.
The All inventory section displays all items together on one screen in the order that the section filtering options appear, with consumables displaying first, followed by eggs, buildings, and lastly, decorations. In this view, there are no search options, just the other filter options themselves to aid with further filtering. Pressing the i button (if available) gives information about each item. Once opened, the Inventory displays a snapshot of each item along with options for use:
- i — Display information about an item (if applicable).
- Activate or Use — Activate or use a consumable item.
- Claim — Move gold from the inventory Gold Purse into the Trainer's gold count (up to the maximum).
- Hatch — Hatch a Dragon Egg.
- — Sell the item (if it can be sold).
- Place — Place an object (if it can be placed).
- Maximum number built! — Habitats that cannot be placed due to habitat maximum reached.
Items used from inventory are used immediately and in single quantities. Most items can be used directly from the inventory screen, except Dragon Fury Essence and some Relics. Consumable items may also be used from other screens where their use is most relevant.
The Consumables inventory section displays only consumable resources such as VIP Tickets, Sacred Apples, Dragon Fury Essence, Clan Dragon Power Tokens and Relics. Most resources provide options for use direct from inventory, except for Dragon Fury Essence, which is used within battle only. Consumables, if usable from inventory, generally show either an Activate or Use button.
The Eggs inventory section displays snapshots for all Dragons for which Eggs are currently housed in inventory. Rather than displaying in egg form, the adult form of each Dragon is shown along with buttons to either Hatch or (Sell). The i button can be pressed to view the Dragon's Codex Entry. Pressing the (Search) button, provides the following filter options:
The Buildings inventory section displays snapshots for each Building or Habitat stored in inventory, along with a Place button for placing items on available free space on the Archipelago. Past currency and ticket generators appear in the buildings section, rather than in the Decorations section. Buildings cannot be sold from Inventory, rather they must first be placed first to be sold.
The Decorations inventory section houses all non-placed decorations either purchased or won in events. Decorations can be placed on island by pressing the Place button, or sold by pressing the (Sell) button. Decorations do not offer an information button to press for more information about the item.
Some items have a limited holding capacity indicated below the item snapshot (e.g.,
200/200), any item that has reached or exceeded its limit displays Limit Reached! (except for Gold). If the Trainer has exceeded the Gold limit (2,147,483,647), the Gold Purse appears (only in the All section), indicating the amount of excess gold. If the Trainer is later under the Gold limit, press the Claim button from the Purse to add gold to the on-screen gold count until the limit is reached.
Putting Items into Inventory
Many items are automatically placed into inventory when obtained, though placed items such as Decorations or Habitats can be put in inventory by selecting them, pressing the button, then confirming the choice. If an item cannot be put into inventory, it does not provide this option (applies to some items, such as buildings). See Moving Buildings for information on how to move multiple items into inventory at once via Edit Mode.
- Update 6.0: Added filter to the Eggs section to display only newly acquired unique eggs (not duplicates).
- Update 5.6: Introduced a "Decorations" tab.
- Added the option to sell decorations directly from Inventory, with a selector for the amount (1 or more).
- Update 4.7: Added the Consumables tab.
- Update 4.3: Moved the Messages and Gifts tabs to the Social System interface.
- Update 4.0: Added sell button for duplicate Dragons.
- Update 3.1: Made Eggs in inventory show the Elements of Dragons on their snapshots.
- Update 2.8: Added the Gifts tab.
- Update 2.7: Added Card-Segment Dragons to the inventory after their required Dragon Pieces are obtained.
- Update 2.1: Added the Gold Purse.
- Update 1.9: Limited the maximum amount of Portal Gems (later replaced by Portal Energy) that could be held in Inventory to 1,500.
- Update 1.8: Introduced ability to store Decorations and some types of Buildings in the inventory.