From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
See Hatching for more information.
|Your dragon eggs will hatch here.
|Allows Dragon eggs to be incubated and hatched.
Cost: Free initially, variable to upgrade.
6 x 6
The Hatchery is a building and the only place where Dragons can be incubated before hatching. The Hatchery starts out with one nest, but can be upgraded using Gems to increase the number of nests, allowing multiple eggs to be incubated simultaneously.
The following function buttons appear when the building is selected:
- – Upgrade, for upgrading the Hatchery (appears if an upgrade is available).
- – Purchase Egg, for egg purchase and incubation (appears if a nest is available).
- or – Hatch or Speed, for hatching or speeding the hatching whatever Dragon appears on the button (appears if eggs are ready to hatch or incubating).
The Hatchery has 5 levels, each upgrade adds a nest, and earns the Trainer Experience. Upgrading the Hatchery is done by selecting the Hatchery, pressing the button, then selecting the Instant Upgrade button. Each upgrade costs Gems , adds a nest, and earns Experience . Upgrading can take place even when eggs are incubated.
|5 × 5
|5 x 5
|6 x 6
|6 x 6
|6 x 6
Eggs are purchased through the Hatchery by pressing the option, which takes the Trainer to the Dragons tab of the Main Shop. From this location, Dragons can be purchased using Gold or Gems , and on purchase are immediately sent to the Hatchery. Dragons from other Shops, from Inventory , or purchased from the Dragon Codex can be hatched using the Hatch button.
Note: Dragons are sent to the hatchery from the All and Eggs tabs of the inventory.
When a Dragon is being incubated, its egg stays in the nest. Selecting the Hatchery displays the icons of the Dragons in their baby form. The time remaining until a Dragon can hatch, appears underneath its egg. The Hatchery displays only the two highest units of time, thus the actual time might differ slightly from the time displayed. For example, if the Trainer's VIP Level is 1 or inactive, and an Ancient Dragon is being incubated, the time displayed at incubation start is 4 days and 19 hours, instead of 4 days, 19 hours and 20 minutes (the actual hatching time).
If the Hatchery is full when trying to incubate an egg coming from the Breeding Den or inventory, a notice states that nests must be freed up first. If a Dragon (that begins in egg form) is purchased or won elsewhere while the Hatchery is full, the egg goes directly into inventory.
Incubation takes different amounts of time depending on different factors.
See Hatching for information about incubation times, which are included there under hatching times.
Dragon eggs that are ready to hatch begin jumping in the nest, and the icon appears above the Hatchery. Pressing the incubated Dragon's icon opens a window to crack open the egg through repeated tapping. The hatching screen displays a icon for Dragon species that have not been previously hatched. After hatching, the Dragon can be placed inside a fitting Habitat or the Dragon Vault pressing the Place button, or sold by pressing the Sell button. Text appears above the baby Dragon if there are no empty, fitting Habitats, or empty slots in the Dragon Vault, to place the Dragon in. An egg continues to take up a spot in the Hatchery until some action is taken to move the egg out of it.
See Hatching for more information.
Dragons in the Hatchery may have the icon on the bottom of their button. Pressing the icon opens a window with a close-up image of the egg, the incubation time remaining, and options to skip increments of 30 minutes in exchange for watching videos. The Skip, or skip all remaining time using Gems Skip All buttons allow the time to be skipped. When an advertisement video is available for the Hatchery, the icon appears above the building.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, by 5 if between the 10-100 range, by 25 if between the 100-200 range, and by 50 if between the 200-1,000 range.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes) is: (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3.6 – rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of an Ancient Dragon (4 days and 19 hours) is: (415200 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 415200 = 210 – rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.
Outside the Hatchery, hatching time can also be reduced through:
- Active Level 2 VIP Status, which reduces hatching and breeding time by 20% (except for Clan Dragons).
- Forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers by 6 hours.
- Activating the related Clan Fortress Power, which reduces all ongoing hatching processes, depending on Clan Fortress and Clan League level.
- Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes. This bonus also applies to a random ongoing hatching upon being collected.
Relic of Hatching
Hatching time is influenced by use of the Relic of Hatching, which is usable by selecting the Hatchery, selecting an egg to speed up, then pressing the Skip button. Once activated, the relic decreases the timer of any one Dragon egg in the Hatchery by 8 hours. A maximum of 10 can be obtained through the use of regular In-Game Currency for storage in Inventory, more can be stored if obtained via other methods such as prizes obtained during Events.
A single object is moved by pressing and holding it until move options activate, indicated by X buttons below it and colored move arrows on each side. Green move arrows indicate sufficient placeable space, gray arrows indicate not enough. Moved the object by dragging, tapping the move arrows, or tapping the destination, then pressing . A moved is cancelled by pressing X.
- Select one or more objects to move them at the same time.
- Swap two objects by selecting them and tapping .
- Store multiple objects in inventory by selecting them and tapping (eligible buildings/objects only).
Dragging or tapping does not move objects in Edit Mode, the initial state is selection-only; instead, tapping the button enables dragging or tapping, the base of all objects turn green or gray indicating if there's enough placeable space to move the items to as a unit.
- Hatching, for complete information about incubation times as included in hatching times on that page.
- Update 7.6: Made Hatching time reduction dependent on Clan Fortress level, which was tied to current Clan league.
- Update 6.9: Updated interface to modernize.
- Update 6.8: Reworked appearance and animations.
- Update 4.7: Added Relic of Hatching and the Skip 30 Minutes options methods for reducing incubation time.
- Also added a video ad for time reduction.
- Update 4.1: Added a Level 5 upgrade and two additional nests.
- Update 4.0: Added an Egg notification above the hatchery to indicate when at least one egg is ready to be opened.