From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
See Hatching for more information
|Your dragon eggs will hatch here.|
|Allows Dragon eggs to be incubated and hatched.|
Cost: Free initially, variable to upgrade.
6 x 6
The Breeding Den is a building and the only place where Dragons can be incubated before hatching. The Hatchery starts out with one nest, but can be upgraded using Gems to increase the number of egg nests, allowing multiple eggs to be incubated simultaneously.
The following function buttons appear when the building is selected:
- - Upgrade, for upgrading the Hatchery.
- - Purchase Egg, for incubation.
- - Hatch, for hatching whatever Dragon is shown on the button (or to speed up hatching and hatch).
Building Functions[edit source | edit]
Upgrading[edit source | edit]
The Hatchery has 5 levels, each upgrade adds a nest, and earns the Trainer Experience. Upgrading the Hatchery is done by selecting the Hatchery, pressing the button, then selecting the Instant Upgrade button. Each upgrade adds a nest, and earns the Trainer Experience. Upgrading can take place even when eggs are incubated.
|Hatchery||Level||Size||Eggs Held||Gem Cost||Experience|
|1||5 x 5||1||None||n/a|
|2||5 x 5||2||150||1,660|
|3||6 x 6||3||450||5,000|
|4||6 x 6||4||1,000||11,110|
|5||6 x 6||5||2,500||27,770|
Purchasing Eggs[edit source | edit]
Eggs are purchased through the Hatchery by pressing the option, which takes the Trainer to the Dragons tab of the Main Shop. From this location, Dragons can be purchased using Gold or Gems , and on purchase are immediately sent to the Hatchery. Dragons from other shops, from Inventory , or purchased from the Dragon Codex can be hatched using the Hatch button.
Note: Dragons are sent to the hatchery from the All and Eggs tabs of the inventory.
Incubation[edit source | edit]
When a Dragon is being incubated, its egg stays (still) in the nest. Selecting the Hatchery display the icons of the Dragons in their baby form. The time remaining until a Dragon can hatch is shown underneath its egg. The Hatchery displays only the two highest units of time, thus the actual time might differ slightly from the time displayed. For example, if the Trainer's VIP Level is 1 or inactive, and they are hatching an Ancient Dragon, the time displayed at the beginning of incubation is 4 days and 19 hours instead of 4 days, 19 hours and 20 minutes, the actual hatching time of all Ancient Dragons.
If the Hatchery is full when trying to incubate an egg coming from the Breeding Den or inventory, a notice displays informing some nests must be freed up first. If a Dragon (that begins in egg form) is purchased or won elsewhere while the Hatchery is full, the egg goes directly into the inventory.
Incubation takes different amounts of time depending on different factors, see Hatching for more information.
Hatching[edit source | edit]
Dragon eggs that are ready to hatch begin jumping in the nest, and the icon appears above the Hatchery. Pressing the incubated Dragon's icon opens a window to crack open the egg through repeated tapping. After hatching, the Dragon can be placed inside a fitting Habitat or the Dragon Vault pressing the Place button, or sold by pressing the Sell button. A text appears above the baby Dragon if there are no empty, fitting Habitats, or empty slots in the Dragon Vault, to place the Dragon in. An egg continues to take up a spot in the Hatchery until some action is taken to move the egg out of it.
Time Reduction[edit source | edit]
Dragons in the Hatchery have the icon on the bottom of their button. Pressing the icon opens a window with a close-up shot of the egg, the incubation time remaining, and options to skip increments of 30 minutes by watching videos Skip, or skip all remaining time using Gems Skip All . When an advertisement video is available for the Hatchery, the icon appears above the building.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, by 5 if between the 10-100 range, by 25 if between the 100-200 range, and by 50 if between the 200-1,000 range.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes) is: (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3.6 – rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of an Ancient Dragon (4 days and 19 hours) is: (415200 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 415200 = 210 – rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.
Outside the Hatchery, the hatching time can also be reduced through:
- Active Level 2 VIP Status, which reduces the hatching and breeding time by 20% (except for Clan Dragons).
- Forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers in the game by 6 hours.
- Activating the Clan Fortress's power, which reduces all ongoing hatching processes by 40 to 80 minutes, depending on its level.
- Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes. This bonus will apply to a random ongoing hatching upon being collected.
Relic of Hatching[edit source | edit]
Hatching time is influenced by use of the Relic of Hatching, which is usable by selecting the Hatchery, selecting an egg to speed up, then pressing the Skip button. Once activated, the relic decreases the timer of any one Dragon egg in the Hatchery by 8 hours. A maximum of 10 can be obtained through the use of regular In-Game Currency for storage in Inventory, more can be stored if obtained via other methods such as prizes obtained during Events.
Moving[edit source | edit]
A single object is moved by pressing and holding it until move options activate, indicated by X buttons below it and colored move arrows on each side. Green move arrows indicate sufficient placeable space, grey arrows indicate not enough. Moved the object by dragging, tapping the move arrows, or tapping the destination, then pressing . A moved is cancelled by pressing X.
- Select one or more objects to move them at the same time.
- Swap two objects by selecting them and tapping .
- Store multiple objects in inventory by selecting them and tapping (eligible buildings/objects only).
Dragging or tapping does not move objects in Edit Mode, the initial state is selection-only; instead, tapping the button enables dragging or tapping, the base of all objects turn green or grey indicating if there's enough placeable space to move the items to as a unit.
History[edit source | edit]
- Update 4.7: Added a video ad for time reduction.
- Update 6.9: Updated interface to modernize.
- Update 6.8: Reworked appearance and animations.
- Update 4.7: Added Relic of Hatching and the Skip 30 Minutes options methods for reducing incubation time.
- Also added a video ad for time reduction.
- Update 4.1: Added a Level 5 upgrade and two additional nests.
- Update 4.0: Added the icon to indicate when at least one egg is ready to be opened.
Gallery[edit source | edit]