From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
This article is about the currency. For other uses, see Gem (disambiguation).
Gems are the premium in-game currency used in various ways, and are either purchased or earned.
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Petting Dragons||1||2||No more than two Gems can be obtained within a 24-hour period|
|Participating in the Dragon League||1||5||Obtained from win streaks or leaderboard|
|Exploring Ruins||1||40||Amount depends on the ruin and the chest obtained|
|Random treasure chests on the Campaign Map||1|
|Opening Dungeon chests||1||100|
|Milestones for the Totem of Friendship||3||100|
|Milestones for the Social System||10||100|
|Milestones for the Dragon Collector Leaderboard||10||75|
|Daily Rewards||3||45||Rewards repeat over time|
|Playing Otto's Lotto||1||10||Amount depends on the wheel|
|Watching videos whenever the icon appears above a Habitat, a Farm, or the Eternal Fruit Tree||1|
|Leveling up and at random after reaching the maximum level||1||5|
|Connecting the Trainer account, for the very first time, to Facebook||10|
|Receiving from Gift Giver||5|
|Subscribing to the Clam||10||1,600||Costs real currency|
|Contests or sweepstakes sponsored or hosted by Gameloft outside the game||Variable amount||These are usually held on their Facebook page|
|Various in-game promotions||Variable amount||Promotions can be offered in exchange for real currency|
|Piggy Bank events||300||900||Costs real currency and requires the expenditure of Gems to make the bank purchasable and set level of Gems to be received.|
|Movie Marathon events||10||35||Requires watching a large number of short videos in exchange for gems at some milestones.|
|Clan Siege Events||1||15|
Gems can be obtained in exchange for real currency by pressing the + button on the Gems bar at the top of the screen. As Gems have a multitude of purposes, the option to purchase them is shown in most areas of the game (including, but not limited to, battles or various selection screens and windows).
Some packs are presented as Best Deal! or Recommended! by the game. Whenever a bundle is offered discounted, the percentage of the discount appears next to the pack and the time left until said discount is no longer available appears under the pack. Discounted bundles can only be purchased in the limited amount shown atop the pack (in most cases). Whenever there is a limited-time promotion, the sign is shown both on the Gems bar at the top of the screen and above the shop that is on the mountainside below Chronos.
Aside from the packs shown, there are also options for subscribing to the Clam, and watching videos in exchange for spinning Otto's Lotto wheel (if still available for that day), to potentially earn gems. Pressing the Watch An Ad
Video button in the snapshot of the wheel takes the Trainer to Otto's Lotto to watch videos for prizes. Additionally, if the Trainer has never purchased anything from the game using real currency, the notice is shown on this screen.
Gems are the only currency that counts toward the VIP level of the Trainer. Any purchase of Gems, either directly or indirectly, is added to the VIP level. In the bottom of the Gem offers screen, the icon is shown, indicating the Trainer's VIP level inside. The total number of Gems the Trainer purchased and the total number of Gems needed to reach the next VIP level, separated by a / mark, are displayed to the right of that. Pressing the VIP
Benefits button takes the Trainer to the VIP interface.
Clan members receive a gift of a Clan Dragon Power Token whenever another Clan member purchases 50 or more Gems, during a Gift Giver promotion. There are five different gifts in such promotions, and the gift awarded depends on the number of Gems purchased. This promotion is made available occasionally for a limited time, usually no longer than 3 days.
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Changing Player Name||5||∞||After first name selection, each subsequent change costs 5 Gems.|
|Purchasing Boss Habitats and Eternal Fruit Tree||50||200||The only building that can be purchased through Gems.|
|Purchasing various tickets||25||225|
|Purchasing Instant Win Tickets||5||500||Amount depends on the Trainer's VIP Level|
|Awakening the third Element of Legendary, Divine and Ancient Dragons||99|
|Upgrading Habitats, the Hatchery, the Ancient Portal and the Eternal Fruit Tree||50||2,500||The only buildings that can only be upgraded in exchange for Gems|
|Restoring Portal Energy or Arena Energy||3||39||Amount depends on the Trainer's VIP Status and/or level of the Ancient Portal|
|Refreshing the Dragon League opponent selection choices.||3||15||Always 5 for the Dragon League; amount varies from 3 to 15 for ruins|
|Opening Rusty Gates on the Campaign Map without help from friends||5||60||Amount varies on the number of friends needed to open the gate|
|Switching mastery skills||35|
|Quickening Dragon Fury in battle||5||20|
|Reviving Dragons in the Dragon League and restoring stamina in the Bottomless Dungeon||1||39||Maximum 25 for EL; always 39 for the Dungeon|
|Speeding up various tasks: breeding, hatching, building and upgrading various buildings, growing Food, exploring ruins, awakening Elements, refresh times for recipes/Clan Quests etc.||1||250|
|Buying extra recipes in The Great Dragon Race||20||100||Only a maximum of 5 recipes can be bought in each event|
|Buying items in Solo Events||3||30||Amount varies by tiers|
|Skipping tasks on the To-Do-List||5||10|
|Purchasing offers in the Whale-Mart or Sale Whale||Variable amount||Amount depends on the deal|
|As a requirement in Gem Spending Events||1||∞||Amount depends on the spender|
|Various in-game promotions or packs offered||Variable amount|
- To speed up any amount of time, the option has to be pressed after selecting what is to be sped up. A confirmation window pops up and pressing the Skip All button confirms the choice, provided the Trainer has enough Gems to pay the cost.
- There are two factors that influence the cost of speeding up timers, namely the duration and the feature. For example, the same amount of time for health regeneration in the Dragon League and the same amount for breeding does not have the same cost.
The formula for speeding up timers in events is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ 0.5) * 0.1
The formula for the Bottomless Dungeon is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ 0.56) * 0.13
The formula for the Enchantment Altar is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ 0.45) * 0.15
The formula for all other timers that can be sped up is as follows:
(TimeInSeconds ^ 0.54) * 0.12
The final result is then rounded up to the next multiple of the rounding factor, in the following intervals:
- up to 10: 1
- up to 100: 5
- up to 200: 25
- up to 1,000: 50
- over 1,000: 100
- The cost to speed up the hatching time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes): (300 ^ 0.56) * 0.15 = 3,6 - rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to speed up upgrading a Dragon's skill to Level 2 at the Academy (3 hours): (10800 ^ 0.56) * 0.15 = 27,2 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 30 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the breeding time of a Legendary Dragon (2 days): (172800 ^ 0.56) * 0.15 = 128 - rounding by 25 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 150 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the hatching time of a Divine Dragon (4 days and 19 hours): (415200 ^ 0.56) * 0.15 = 210 - rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the waiting time in the first challenge of the Greek Boss Challenge (4 hours): (14400 ^ 0.5) * 0.1 = 12 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 15 Gems.
- The cost to speed up the post-battle health regeneration of a Dragon with 0% health (2 hours and 30 minutes): (9000 ^ 0.54) * 0.12 = 16 - rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 20 Gems.
Purchasing Food & Gold
Pile of Gold
Sack of Gold
Bucket of Gold
Chest of Gold
Cave of Gold
Island of Gold
|1.2-current||300,000 for 15||1,130,000 for 50||2,400,000 for 100||6,750,000 for 250||21,000,000 for 750||45,000,000 for 1,500|
Pile of Food
Sack of Food
Bucket of Food
Chest of Food
Cave of Food
Island of Food
|1.2-currently||30,000 for 15||105,000 for 45||270,000 for 100||675,000 for 250||1,880,000 for 650||3,000,000 for 1,000|
- Promotions, and the gallery below for gem promotion examples.
- Update 3.0: Introduced Gift Giver promotions, with purchases of 50 or more Gems giving fellow Clan members various gifts.
- Update 1.0: Introduced.