From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
Hatching is the process through which Dragon eggs are moved from Inventory to the Hatchery to be incubated and then hatched into fully grown, adult Dragons. Incubating and hatching Dragons can only be done in the Hatchery.
In the Trainer's Inventory a Hatch button appears below the a Dragon's snapshot and is pressed to send its egg to the Hatchery. If the Hatchery is full, a Hatchery Full message appears prompting the Trainer to free up space before they can hatch another egg.
Incubation[edit source | VE]
Incubation time depends on what Dragon will hatch, the higher the rarity and the more advanced its Elements, the longer incubate takes. Incubation times vary from instant for Boss Dragons to 4 days and 19 hours for Divine or Ancient Dragons, and are affected by VIP Status.
Once incubation is complete, selecting the Hatchery then Dragon's icon opens a window to hatch it. Swiping or repeatedly tapping the egg cracks it open. Afterwards, experience points are awarded, Dragons that take longer to breed give more experience.
First Hatching[edit source | VE]
A Dragon species hatched for the first time displays a icon, the Dragon's Dragon Collector Points value and the button on its right at (except for Clan Dragons) at hatching. After the new species is placed in a Habitat, the Codex fills in that Dragon's snapshot. If the Dragon is part of a Dragon Codex collection, its snapshot is filled in the Collections menu instead. If the Dragon is currently part of an ongoing Collection Event, its snapshot is filled in inside the collection screen. Finally, a secondary window appears, informing a new Dragon was collected.
If the Hatchery is full, the Trainer receives a notice that they must free a nest before being able to hatch the Dragon. If the Dragon is a duplicate of an already-housed Dragon, the button appears under it to sell for gold, though it is noteworthy that duplicates can be Ascended for Enchantment Materials.
Housing[edit source | VE]
A hatched Dragon can be placed in a Habitat or the Dragon Vault through the Place button. This option takes the Trainer to the Dragon Vault or the closest fitting Habitat if the Sell option is not used. If there are no empty, fitting Habitats or no free spots in the Dragon Vault, the Sell button is replaced by the Shop button, pressing it brings the Trainer to the Habitats tab of the Main Shop. However, if there are fitting Habitats that can be upgraded for additional spots, or a fitting Habitat just finished being built with a shown above it, instead of the Shop button, an Upgrade button appears.
Egg Shell[edit source | VE]
The shell of the eggs are in concordance to the appearance of the Dragon. All Dragons have their very own egg, except Boss Dragons, whose eggs are that of their regular counterpart. These Dragons incubate instantly when sent to the Hatchery and displayed directly in their adult form after hatching, as they do not have a baby form.
Community Hatching[edit source | VE]
Community Hatching is an exclusive method and the only way through which Clan Dragons can be incubated. This involves one or more members of a Clan incubating and hatching a certain number of eggs belonging to the same Dragon in order to fully hatch and use that Dragon.
Events[edit source | VE]
- Hatching Events are events whose sole objective is hatching Dragons in order to win the prizes offered. Points are given based on a Dragon's rarity, where the higher the rarity, the more points are given. Boss Dragons and Clan Dragons give no points.
- Solo Events require hatching Dragons as one of their objectives.
Breeding[edit source | VE]
See Breeding for more information
Breeding is the primary way to obtain Dragon eggs. Pairing two adult Dragons in the Breeding Den produces a Dragon egg after the breeding period, which is then sent to the Hatchery to incubate and hatch.
Hatching Length Calculation[edit source | VE]
The rounding up applies only to the last digit.
Elemental Factor[edit source | VE]
This only applies to Elements of Dragons that do not require awakening. Thus, only the base Element applies to these Dragons because their secondary Elements need to be awoken. As such, all Dragons with that base Element have the same hatching time, regardless of their other Elements.
- Fire, Wind, Earth, Water = 1.6
- Plant, Metal, Energy, Void, Legendary, Primal, Divine, Ancient = 1.2
- Light, Shadow = 1.1
VIP Factor[edit source | VE]
- Active VIP (VIP Level 2 or higher) = 0.8
- Inactive VIP/VIP Level 1 = 1
Examples[edit source | VE]
- Hatching Time = (RoundUp(1320 * (1.6 + 1.2 + 1.2) / 3)) * VIP Factor
- Hatching Time = (RoundUp(1320 * 4 / 3)) * VIP Factor
- Hatching Time = (RoundUp(5280 / 3)) * VIP Factor
- Hatching Time = (RoundUp(1760) * VIP Factor
- Hatching Time = 1760 * VIP Factor
Thus, without VIP, the hatching time is 1 day, 5 hours and 20 minutes (in the game, only the first two units of time are displayed) while with VIP, the hatching time is 23 hours and 28 minutes.
- Hatching Time = (RoundUp(2,880 * 1.2)) * VIP Factor
- Hatching Time = (RoundUp(3,456) * VIP Factor
- Hatching Time = 3,460 * VIP Factor
Thus, without VIP, the hatching time is 2 days, 9 hours and 40 minutes while with VIP, the hatching time is 1 day, 22 hours and 8 minutes (in the game, only the first two units of time are displayed).
Exceptions[edit source | VE]
The following Dragons do not follow this formula and thus have their own hatching time.
- Agave Dragon
- Agnes Dragon
- Bee Dragon
- Boiling Dragon
- Breeze Rock Dragon
- Cloud Dragon
- Clownfish Dragon
- Dust Dragon
- Earth Dragon
- Eel Dragon
- Elemental Dragon
- Elephant Dragon
- Energy Dragon
- Fire Dragon
- Harpy Dragon
- Ice Dragon
- Imperial Dragon
- Lava Dragon
- Masque Dragon
- Melon Dragon
- Metal Dragon
- Mud Dragon
- Plant Dragon
- Prairie Dragon
- Rain Dragon
- Rustwater Dragon
- Salamander Dragon
- Smoke Dragon
- Snow Dragon
- Tribal Dragon
- Void Dragon
- Water Dragon
- Wind Dragon
Time Reduction[edit source | VE]
Dragons in the Hatchery have the icon on the bottom of their button. Pressing the icon opens a window with a close-up shot of the egg, the incubation time remaining, and options to skip increments of 30 minutes by watching videos Skip, or skip all remaining time using Gems Skip All . When an advertisement video is available for the Hatchery, the icon appears above the building.
The Gem cost for skipping timers is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, by 5 if between the 10-100 range, by 25 if between the 100-200 range, and by 50 if between the 200-1,000 range.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of the Water Dragon (5 minutes) is: (300 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 300 = 3.6 – rounding by 1 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 4 Gems.
- The cost to skip the initial incubation time of an Ancient Dragon (4 days and 19 hours) is: (415200 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 415200 = 210 – rounding by 50 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 250 Gems.
Outside the Hatchery, the hatching time can also be reduced through:
- Active Level 2 VIP Status, which reduces the hatching and breeding time by 20% (except for Clan Dragons).
- Forging Chronosian Seals or activating Chronos's power, actions which reduce several ongoing timers in the game by 6 hours.
- Activating the Clan Fortress's power, which reduces all ongoing hatching processes by 40 to 80 minutes, depending on its level.
- Timer Boosts, bonuses offered by visiting Trainers, which reduce certain individual timers by 5 minutes. This bonus will apply to a random ongoing hatching upon being collected.
Relic of Hatching[edit source | VE]
Hatching time is influenced by use of the Relic of Hatching, which is usable by selecting the Hatchery, selecting an egg to speed up, then pressing the Skip button. Once activated, the relic decreases the timer of any one Dragon egg in the Hatchery by 8 hours. A maximum of 10 can be obtained through the use of regular In-Game Currency for storage in Inventory, more can be stored if obtained via other methods such as prizes obtained during Events.
History[edit source | VE]
- Update 5.9: Significantly decreased the Breeding/Hatching Times of some dragons.
- Update 5.0: Modified Ruptia's power, meaning it no longer serves for reducing any ongoing breeding. Starting with this update, the Clan Fortress has the ability to reduce any ongoing hatching.
- Update 4.7: Introduced the Relic of Hatching, a relic that reduces any one ongoing hatching by 8 hours, and the option to reduce the hatching time by watching videos.
- Update 4.2: Slightly altered the graphical aspect of the post-hatching window.
- Update 4.0: Added the Dragon Collector Points value of new Dragons to their post-hatching screen as part of the new Dragon Collector Leaderboard feature.
- Update 3.2: Made it possible for eggs, that are purchased while the Hatchery is full, to be sent to the inventory.
- Update 2.9: Made the Dragon Codex collections screen pop up whenever a Dragon with an entry in it is being hatched for the very first time.
- Update 2.6: Introduced Ruptia, a Clan Dragon that reduces any ongoing hatching by 1 hour.
- Update 2.4: Introduced Community Hatching.