From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
Elements are a main characteristic of a Dragon that determines their weaknesses and strengths in Battle. Elements also influence a Dragon's stats and their offspring during breeding, as well as other interactions, either with other Dragons or the environment.
Each Dragon has one to three different Elements. Each Base Element (and its corresponding Base Dragon) unlocks at certain Trainer levels. Dragons with Elements that are not yet unlocked, cannot pass them when breeding. Some Dragons that can be bought are not available for buying until their highest Element is unlocked.
The Elemental order of Dragons takes different forms, but in most cases, the Elements appear in order from base to last, either from top to bottom or from left to right. In battle, any Dragon can be tapped/clicked to see its Elements in its info box. When it is the Trainer's Dragon's turn in Battle, and the Elements are given for attack choice, the base Element appears in the middle, the second Element appears at the top, and the last Element appears at the bottom.
All Elements are used as a form of attack in battle. For example, the Fire Element is used as a fire attack. An attack can have one of 3 different strength levels: strong, medium, or weak. The strength of an attack depends on the the attacking Element and the first Element of the target Dragon, namely its base Element. Attack strength is normally a medium-level attack for all combinations, only in some special combinations does the attack become strong or weak.
Example – Attack strengths of the Fire Dragon against other Dragons:
A Fire Dragon has a strong fire attack against a Wind Dragon or any Primal, a medium-level fire attack against an Earth Dragon, Water Dragon, Plant Dragon, Metal Dragon, Void Dragon, Light Dragon, Shadow Dragon and any Legendary and Divine Dragons, and only a weak fire attack against another Fire Dragon or an Energy Dragon or any Ancient Dragons. Conversely, the Fire Dragon will take strong-level damage from the Water Dragon, Shadow Dragon and any Divine-Element attack, medium-level damage from the Wind Dragon, Earth Dragon, Plant Dragon, Void Dragon, Metal Dragon, Energy Dragon, Void Dragon, Light Dragon, Legendary-Element attack and any Primal-Element attack, and weak-level damage from another Fire Dragon.
Symbols used in battle indicate the different attack strength levels:
- Strong Attack – Green ring below target, green sword icon – 50% damage bonus
- Normal Attack – Yellow ring below target, no sword icon – no damage bonus
- Weak Attack – Red ring below target, red shield icon – damage reduced by 50%
Element Strengths and Weaknesses
The Element information button can be used to view Element strength and weaknesses both before and during battle.
|Strong against||Weak against||Resistant to||Vulnerable to|
|Primal||except Primal||except Primal|
See Notable Formulas or Tables for information on calculating these attributes.
Elements, along with types, influence the attributes of a Dragon. Elements influence all stats, breeding and hatching time. In the case of Dragons with unlockable Elements, their Elements influence their attributes as follows: only the base Element applies to breeding and hatching; all Elements apply to the Base Gold per Hour stat, regardless if they are awoken or not; the secondary Elements apply to the Base Attack and Base Health stats only when they are awoken.
All Element-possessing Dragons can make use of all of their Elements upon being hatched. The exceptions are the Legendary, Divine, and Ancient Dragons, which can awaken their second Element upon reaching Level 20 and their third Element upon reaching Level 30. Awakening an Element costs 750,000 Gold for the second Element and 99 Gems for the third. Only Dragons housed in Habitats are eligible for Element awakening; thus Dragons currently stored in the Dragon Vault cannot have their Elements awoken until they are housed.
Whenever an Element-awakening process is occurring in a Habitat, a timer appears above the respective Habitat. The icon of the Dragon(s) undergoing an awakening process have the icon on the bottom, indicating that the awakening time can be skipped, and the number of Gems on the top, indicating the amount and currency needed for skipping. Pressing the icon in this stage opens a window with the Element being awakened, the time remaining until the Element is awoken, and the option of skipping the entire time in exchange for Gems SKIP ALL . Pressing this button speeds up the remaining time, allowing the Element to be awoken.
The Gem cost for skipping the awakening time is calculated based upon the following formula:
(TimeInSeconds ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * TimeInSeconds, and the final result is rounded up by 1 if it is between the 1-10 range, by 5 if it is between the 10-100 range, and by 25 if it is between the 100-200 range.
- The cost to skip the initial awakening time of the first Element (1 day) is: (86400 ^ -0.44) * 0.15 * 86400 = 87.2 – rounding by 5 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 90 .
- The cost to skip the initial awakening time of the second Element (2 days) is: (172800 ^ -0.46) * 0.12 * 172800 = 128.5 – rounding by 25 applies, thus the cost to skip the timer is 150 .
- Update 7.1: Introduced the Tyrant Element.
- Update 6.6: Introduced the Primal Element.
- Update 5.3: Made Elements unlockable only at certain Dragon Collector's Scores to aid familiarization of newer Trainers with game features (long-term players were unaffected).
- Update 4.9: Introduced the Ancient Element.
- Made the Elements of Legendary, Divine, and Ancient Dragon visible regardless of being locked/unlocked.
- Update 4.2: Made it possible for Dragons preoccupied with timed actions (e.g., attending Dragon Academy or breeding) to have their Elements awoken during these processes (excluding those in the Dragon Vault).
- Update 3.1: Introduced the Divine Element.
- Update 1.5: Introduced Light and Shadow Elements, which changed the way other Elements interacted with each other.
- Update 1.0: Introduced Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, Plant, Metal, Energy, Void, and Legendary Elements.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- Ancient (Element) (46 P)
- Divine (Element) (68 P)
- Fire (Element) (285 P)
- Metal (Element) (245 P)
- Shadow (Element) (221 P)
- Tyrant (Element) (16 P)
- Void (Element) (229 P)