From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
Gold is the standard in-game currency. It is earned and used in various ways. The main method for obtaining Gold is collection from the Habitats in which Dragons reside. There are, however, many other ways to earn Gold.
Gold Purse[edit source | edit]
The maximum amount of Gold a user can hold, on the main interface only, is limited to 2,147,483,647. After reaching that amount, additional Gold is sent to the Gold in inventory . The purse can hold unlimited Gold and can be claimed whenever needed.
Earning Gold[edit source | edit]
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Collecting Gold from Habitats||1||100,000||Highest amount based on a single, maximum-leveled Shadow Habitat while VIP Status is active|
|Petting Dragons||20||44,000||The amount depends on the Dragon's level|
|Owning Boss Dragons||+10%||+280%||They do not produce Gold, but increase the rate of income from regular Dragons|
|Events||500||2,250,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier|
|Participating in the Dragon League||100||1,500,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier and league|
|Exploring ruins||1,500||850,000||Amount depends on the ruin and the chest obtained from it|
|Selling Dragons||50||97,750||The selling price depends on the breeding time of the Dragon.|
|Selling buildings and decorations||12||1,250,000||For most buildings and decorations the selling price is 25% of the buying price, while for Habitats it is 25% of the total value of the Habitat|
|Random treasure chests on the Campaign Map||11,000||150,000||Amount depends on the level of the Trainer|
|Owned mines in Normal Mode||1||35,000|
|Winning battles on the Campaign Map||100||2,852,000||Amount varies in accordance with the quest fought; an additional 50% is added when VIP Status is active|
|Milestones for the Totem of Friendship||15,000||750,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier|
|Milestones for the Dragon Collector Leaderboard||10,000||30,000,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier|
|Daily Rewards||1,000||300,000||Amount depends on the day and on the VIP Status|
|Daily Tasks||2,500||150,000||Amount depends on the multiplier|
|Receiving from friends through gifting||1,000||15,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier|
|Receiving from Gift Giver||5,000||20,000|
|Playing Otto's Lotto||100||18,750||Amount depends on the Level Modifier and wheel|
|In exchange for watching videos after winning a battle on the Campaign Map||2,000||30,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier; there is a pre-set number of how many videos can be watched per day|
|At random after reaching the maximum level||10,000|
|In exchange for Gems||20,000||45,000,000||Amount depends on the Level Modifier and size of the chosen package|
|Various in-game promotions||Variable amount||Promotions can be offered either in exchange for Gems or real currency|
Selling[edit source | edit]
Gold can also be earned by selling in-game items, such as certain buildings and Dragons. The amount of Gold received when selling depends on a series of factors.
Buildings[edit source | edit]
- The selling cost of buildings and decorations purchased with Gold is 25% of the buying price. For Habitats, the selling price is 25% of the total amount of Gold spent on building and upgrading them. For example, the Fountain of Youth costs 200,000 Gold; thus its selling price is 50,000 Gold (200,000 / 4) whereas a Level 4 Fire Habitat has a selling price of 7,025 Gold because upgrading it to that level costs a total of 28,100 Gold (100 + 2,000 + 8,000 + 18,000). If the resulting amount has decimals, the final digit is rounded down.
- The selling cost of decorations that cost Dungeon Tokens is 25% of the buying price, which is then converted to Gold. For example, the Sword Sculpture costs 50 Dungeon Tokens; thus its selling price is 12 Gold (50 / 4). If the resulting amount has decimals, the final digit is rounded down.
- With very few exceptions, the selling cost of buildings and decorations that cost Gems is calculated by multiplying the buying price by 125 and then converting it to Gold. For example, the Boss Habitat costs 50 Gems; thus its selling price is 6,250 Gold (50 * 125) while the Golden Pavilion costs 20 Gems; thus its selling price is 2,500 Gold (20 * 125).
Dragons[edit source | edit]
The selling cost of Dragons is determined by their breeding time and is calculated as follows:
RoundUpTo50(0.5*(BreedingTimeInMinutes^1.4) + BreedingTimeInMinutes)
- Boiling Dragon's breeding time in minutes is 240.
(0.5*(240^1.4) + 240) = 1,314 – the last two digits are then rounded by 50 = 1,350 Gold
- Cyborg Dragon's breeding time in minutes is 600.
(0.5*(600^1.4) + 600) = 4,475 – the last two digits are then rounded by 50 = 4,500 Gold
- Storm Dragon's breeding time in minutes is 1,320.
(0.5*(1320^1.4) + 1320) = 13,008 – the last two digits are then rounded by 50 = 13,050 Gold
Exceptions[edit source | edit]
The following Dragons do not follow the formula and thus have their own selling price:
- All Boss Dragons (their selling price is that of their regular counterpart)
- Earth Dragon
- Fire Dragon
- Prairie Dragon
- Tribal Dragon
- Water Dragon
- Wind Dragon
Buying Gold[edit source | edit]
Aside from earning gold, Gold can be purchased in exchange for Gems:
Pile of Gold
Sack of Gold
Bucket of Gold
Chest of Gold
Cave of Gold
Island of Gold
|1.2-current||300,000 for 15||1,130,000 for 50||2,400,000 for 100||6,750,000 for 250||21,000,000 for 750||45,000,000 for 1,500|
Spending Gold[edit source | edit]
|Method||Lowest Amount||Highest Amount||Notes|
|Purchasing Dragons||100||1,500,000||Only Base Dragons can be bought with Gold|
|Purchasing Habitats, Temples, Farms, and other buildings||100||25,000,000|
|Upgrading Habitats, Temples, Farms||2,000||43,500,000|
|Unlocking/upgrading the Dragon Academy||2,500||4,000,000|
|Purchasing spots in the Dragon Vault||5,000||100,000,000|
|Creating and modifying Clans||150,000||1,500,000||The amounts are fixed, the first (lowest) being for modifications, the second (highest) for creating|
|Awakening the second Element of Legendary and Divine Dragons||750,000|
|Growing Food||15||3,600,000||Amount depends on the type of Food|
|Training Dragons||200||500,000||Amount depends on the Dragon's level|
|Training the skills of Dragons||3,000||5,600,000|
|Enchanting Dragons||50,000||5,000,000||Amount depends on the Enchantment Level|
|As a requirement in Gold Spending Events||1||∞||Amount determined by the spender|
Gallery[edit source | edit]
History[edit source | edit]
- Update 2.1: Introduced the Gold Purse to allow collecting Gold over the main screen display limit.
- Update 1.2: Changed the display of Gold above 1,000,000 to be listed with two decimal digits (1.10 instead of 1.1).
- Update 1.0: Introduced.