From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki(Redirected from Breeding)
Breeding is the main way to obtain Dragons. Breeding is done by pairing two adult Dragons (Level 4 or higher) in the Breeding Den, the only place where Dragons can breed. The amount of time it will take to breed a Dragon is determined by the Elements and type of the two Dragons being bred together and the Dragon which will be produced from that breeding. Usually, the longer the time it takes to breed, the rarer the Dragon will be. Dragons with more advanced Elements and a higher rarity will take more time to breed and incubate. Breeding times can vary from 30 seconds for a Fire Dragon to 4 days for Divine and Ancient Dragons, and are affected by the VIP Status and various other factors.
Breeding Basics[edit source | VE]
- Dragons must reach Level 4 before they can breed.
- Each parent will pass at least one of their Elements to their offspring (unless exceptions occur).
- The classification of a Dragon does not affect the breeding outcome.
- Breeding lower-level Dragons typically produces lower-rarity offspring.
- Breeding higher-level Dragons typically produces higher-rarity offspring.
Dragons that can be bred at all times will always be found in the Main Shop. Some Dragons are not normally obtained through standard breeding. They may be awarded through events or a variety of other methods, or be offered for limited-time breeding, as in the case of the Dragon of the Week and the Dragon of the Month. Additionally, Chronos, Boss Dragons and Clan Dragons can not be obtained through breeding.
Breeding Principles[edit source | VE]
When breeding two Dragons, there is usually no guarantee of what Dragon will be obtained. The exception is when there is only one possible outcome for the resultant Dragon, such as when using two single-Element Dragons that are of the same Element. An example of this would be to breed Fire Dragon + Fire Dragon, which can only result in the breeding of a Fire Dragon. Baby Dragons will usually inherit one or more Elements from each parent with the exception of Legendary, Divine and Ancient Dragons. Another exception is when using a Double Egg Relic, which gives the Trainer the possibility to choose the outcome between two randomly-picked possible outcomes for the respective combination for a period of 12 hours for all ongoing breedings during this time.
Additionally, the Trainer can not obtain, through breeding, Dragons with Elements that are higher than the Trainer's Level. For example, if the Trainer manages to obtain an Agent Dragon from the Dragon League, and they are under Level 15 (when the Metal Element is unlocked), they will be able to hatch the Agent Dragon and even breed it with other Dragons, but the Agent Dragon will never pass the Metal Element (or the Void Element until Level 25) until the Trainer reaches Level 15, and will only be able to pass the Earth Element.
Breeding the same pair of Dragons multiple times can lead to various results since the specific Dragon that will hatch is randomly chosen based on the available Elements of the parent Dragons. Breeding two Dragons of higher levels will increase the chances of producing a Dragon of higher rarity. Breeding outcomes for a specific Dragon or Dragon of higher rarity may require many breeding attempts. The only exception is for Guaranteed-Breedable Dragons. These are the only Dragons that can result from certain Elemental pairs. The Possible Results option of the Breeding Den is a helpful tool for determining what the outcome of a specific breeding may produce.
Legendary, Divine & Ancient Dragons[edit source | VE]
Legendary, Divine and Ancient Dragons act as wild cards for breeding, but they pass only one Element from the ones which the user has unlocked by leveling up. Only Base Dragons and Bi-Elemental Dragons (with the exception of the Sunflower, Mercury, Lightning, Magnet and Emperor Dragons) can be obtained by breeding together two Legendary, Divine or Ancient Dragons, regardless of whether either parent has any of its secondary Elements unlocked.
The Element passed by one of the parents can be any Element in the game, regardless if the parent possesses it or not (awoken or unawoken), as long as the Trainer themselves have unlocked it through their level.
Additionally, these Dragons also do not follow the breeding principles when it comes to being bred, as Legendary Dragons can either be obtained through specific combinations or through a limited-time breeding event while some Divine and Ancient Dragons are only extremely rarely made breedable.
When Legendary, Divine or Ancient Dragons are used as part of the combination for any form of breeding (for example, Dragon of the Week, Dragon of the Month etc.), they do not need to have their secondary Elements awoken in order to have a chance at breeding the respective Dragon.
VIP Dragons[edit source | VE]
Breeding VIP Dragons is done the same way as breeding Normally-Breedable Dragons, the difference being that the Trainer needs to be a certain VIP Level before these Dragons can be bred or even purchased. Additionally, they can only be bred while the VIP Status is active, regardless if the Trainer has the necessary VIP Level. Once a VIP Dragon has been bred, it is removed from the possible outcomes of any breeding combination, meaning it will only be available for obtaining through purchasing or through any methods other than breeding.
Incompatible Combinations[edit source | VE]
There are hundreds of different breeding combinations to get various Dragons in the game. Therefore, some Dragons can be bred from more than one pairing combination. There are, however, a few Dragons that can not be bred together. These are:
- Fire Dragon + Plant Dragon
- Wind Dragon + Energy Dragon
- Water Dragon + Metal Dragon
- Earth Dragon + Void Dragon
- Light Dragon + Shadow Dragon
Furthermore, there are some hybrid Dragons for which a Single-Element Dragon can not be used when trying to obtain them. They can only be obtained by using hybrid + hybrid breeding combinations. These are:
Additionally, the above Dragons are the only ones part of the specific combinations for obtaining Breedable Legendaries.
Enchanted Breeding[edit source | VE]
See Breeding Den for information on upgrading it
The breeding of Enchantment Dragons can only be done following a specific criteria. Specific Dragons will need to be enchanted to certain levels and paired in predetermined combinations to obtain the Enchantment Dragons. In addition to requiring a unique combination with different Enchantment levels, the Breeding Den will have to be upgraded to certain levels in accordance with the requirements of the desired Dragon.
Limited-Time Breeding[edit source | VE]
Limited-Time Breeding is any breeding event or occasion whose sole purpose is to successfully breed one or more Limited-Time Dragons in the allotted time with the Dragon(s) being the reward.
Breeding Tokens[edit source | VE]
See Token Dragons for all Breeding Tokens
Breeding Tokens are special items that are activated instantly upon obtaining. They offer the Trainer the opportunity to breed a Limited-Time Dragon for either an indefinite or temporary period of time. These Dragons follow the same breeding principles as Normally-Breedable Dragons.
Five Breeding Tokens are obtained from the Dragon Collector Leaderboard while others are obtained through events. Once a token is obtained, a confirmation screen will appear giving the Trainer the option to close it through the ok button or to immediately proceed to breeding the Dragon through the Go To Breeding button. If a token is obtained for a Dragon which had already been activated through another token, the period of time, during which the Dragon is available for breeding, will simply be extended.
Once a Dragon with a permanent Breeding Token has been bred, such as those obtained through the Dragon Collector Leaderboard, it is removed from the possible outcomes of any breeding combination, meaning it will only be available for obtaining through purchasing or through any methods other than breeding.
Events[edit source | VE]
- Breeding Dragons is one of the methods for earning points in Castle Events and Arcade Events.
- During some Clan Events, completing various Clan Quests, among which breeding Dragons is one of the objectives, will give the Trainer items necessary for competing in those events.
- Chain Breeding Events are events which offer the opportunity to breed for some specific Dragons in a pre-determined order.
Dragon of the Week[edit source | VE]
See Dragon of the Week for more information
Dragon of the Month[edit source | VE]
See Dragon of the Month for more information
For the duration of one month, a limited Legendary Dragon is made available for breeding through the use of any Dragons having together four specific Elements.
Flash Breeding[edit source | VE]
For the duration of a very short period of time, usually only a few days, a Dragon is made available for breeding through the use of any Dragons having together a given number of specific Elements. Currently, the only Dragon to have been flash-breedable at some point is the Lantern Dragon.
Hatching[edit source | VE]
See Hatching for more information
Once two Dragons are sent to the Breeding Den, they will breed for a period of time to produce one egg. Eggs need to be incubated in the Hatchery until they are ready to hatch. Once the incubation period is complete, the baby can hatch from its shell and be placed into one of the Habitats or sold on the spot.
Breeding Length Calculation[edit source | VE]
The amount of time it takes for a Dragon to be successfully bred is determined by its Elements and rarity while an active VIP Status of Level 2 or higher reduces the amount of time by 20%.
Rarity Factor[edit source | VE]
- Common = 0 hours
- Uncommon = 2 hours
- Rare = 6 hours
- Epic = 8 hours
- Legendary = 48 hours
- Primal = 48 hours
- Divine = 96 hours
- Ancient = 96 hours
Elemental Factor[edit source | VE]
This only applies to the Elements of a Dragon that do not require awakening. Thus, only the base Element applies to all of these Dragons because their secondary Elements need to be awoken. As such, all Dragons with that base Element have the same breeding time, regardless of their other Elements.
- Fire, Wind, Earth & Water = 2 hours
- Plant & Metal = 4 hours
- Energy & Void = 6 hours
- Light & Shadow = 8 hours
- Legendary = 48 hours
- Primal, Divine, Ancient = 0 hours
VIP Factor[edit source | VE]
- Active VIP (VIP Level 2 or higher) = 0.8
- Inactive VIP/VIP Level 1 = 1
Examples[edit source | VE]
- Breeding Time = ((8 + 2) + 0) * VIP Factor
- Breeding Time = 10 * VIP Factor
Thus, without VIP, the breeding time is 10 hours hours while with VIP, the breeding time is 8 hours.
- Breeding Time = ((2 + 6 + 6) + 8) * VIP Factor
- Breeding Time = 22 * VIP Factor
Thus, without VIP, the breeding time is 22 hours hours while with VIP, the breeding time is 17 hours and 36 minutes.
Exceptions[edit source | VE]
The following Dragons do not follow this formula and thus have their own breeding time.
- Agave Dragon
- Agnes Dragon
- Bee Dragon
- Boiling Dragon
- Breeze Rock Dragon
- Cloud Dragon
- Clownfish Dragon
- Dust Dragon
- Earth Dragon
- Eel Dragon
- Elemental Dragon
- Elephant Dragon
- Energy Dragon
- Fire Dragon
- Harpy Dragon
- Ice Dragon
- Imperial Dragon
- Lava Dragon
- Masque Dragon
- Melon Dragon
- Metal Dragon
- Mud Dragon
- Plant Dragon
- Prairie Dragon
- Rain Dragon
- Rustwater Dragon
- Salamander Dragon
- Smoke Dragon
- Snow Dragon
- Tribal Dragon
- Void Dragon
- Water Dragon
- Wind Dragon
Time Reduction[edit source | VE]
See Time Reduction for the Breeding Den for more information
Aside from an active Level 2 VIP Status, which reduces the breeding and hatching time by 20%, any ongoing breeding time is also reduced by 6 hours whenever Chronosian Seals are forged or Chronos's power is used, and by 5 minutes for each Timer Boost received from visiting Trainers. Additionally, any one individual breeding is reduced by 8 hours whenever a Relic of Breeding is used. The entire breeding time can also be sped up in exchange for Gems. Lastly, the Trainer might be offered videos to watch in order to reduce the ongoing breeding time whenever the icon appears above the Breeding Den. The option reduces the time by 30 minutes every time it is used.
History[edit source | VE]
- Update 6.9: Introduced a one-time daily offer to reduce breeding time by half, by watching a video ad. The option appears immediately after breeding and disappears if not used.
- Update 5.9: Significantly decreased the Breeding/Hatching Times of some dragons.
- Update 4.7: Introduced the Relic of Breeding, a relic that reduces any one ongoing breeding by 8 hours, and the Double Egg Relic, a relic that influences the outcome of a breeding combination.
- Update 4.6: Removed VIP Dragons and Token Dragons with permanent Breeding Tokens from the breeding pool if they had already been bred, meaning duplicates could be obtained methods other than breeding.
- Update 4.5: Introduced Breeding#Limited-Time Breeding.
- Update 4.2: Made it possible for Dragons preoccupied with timed actions, such as attending the Dragon Academy, exploring ruins and other such processes, to be available for breeding during said processes. Starting with this update, only Dragons that do not meet the necessary level requirement and/or those stored in the Dragon Vault are not able to breed.
- The Breeding Helper function was moved from the limited-time breeding screen to the inside of the Breeding Den.
- Update 4.0: Introduced Breeding Tokens.
- Enlarged the Breed Button and replaced Level 6 Breeding Den image with that of the Level 2 Breeding Den.
- Update 3.7: Reintroduced watching videos in exchange for a time reduction, but with slightly different graphics.
- Update 3.6: Discontinued watching videos in exchange for a time reduction.
- Update 3.5: Reintroduced option to reduce the breeding time by watching videos.
- Update 3.1: Made the Enchanted Breeding menu available when the Breeding Den is occupied.
- Discontinued watching ad videos for breeding time reductions.
- Update 3.0: Introduced option to watch ad videos for a time reduction.
- Update 2.9: Replaced the Enchanted Breeding icon.
- Update 2.8: Replaced the image inside the Breed Button with that of the Level 6 Breeding Den.
- Update 2.6: Introduced Amoura, a Clan Dragon that reduces any ongoing breeding by 1 hour.
- Update 2.5: Added information about Enchanted Breeding to the button after selecting the Breeding Den.
- Update 2.3: Introduced Enchanted Breeding as part of the Enchantment feature.
- Update 1.0: Introduced.