From Dragon Mania Legends (DML) Wiki
The Social System groups several social functions into one screen. Through this interface, Trainers can socialize with, help, befriend, recruit, or team up in a Clan with others for unique benefits. The Social System unlocks at Trainer Level 3.
Accessing[edit source | edit]
The Social System menu is accessed by pressing:
- The button on the main (islands) screen.
- Some individual social features by pressing:
- The button, or the Clan Fortress, then the button for accessing Clans.
- The Lighthouse building, for accessing recruitment.
- The + button next to the DCP count on the main screen, for accessing the Dragon Collector Leaderboard.
Interface[edit source | edit]
The Social System includes 5 components:
- Clan – To team up to earn Clan-exclusive rewards.
- Friends – To add, visit, gift, help, and be helped by friends.
- Recruit a Friend – To recruit players in exchange for rewards.
- Messages – To view messages and collect gifts.
- (Dragon) Collector Leaderboard – To view Leaderboard ranking and milestones.
Clans[edit source | edit]
Clans are groups of players (on the same platform and server) who join forces to socialize, obtain clan dragons, battle other clans, and earn Clan-Exclusive Dragons and other rewards. The Clan Fortress (the physical building South-East of the main island) is the base of operations for Clans.
The Clan interface can be accessed by pressing:
- The button.
- The Clan Fortress, then the button.
- The top button in the Social System.
If the Trainer is not in a clan, the Join or Create a Clan option appears, otherwise the main Clan screen appears. See Clans for complete information about Clans.
Friends[edit source | edit]
See Wiki Friend Page for a list of Trainers seeking friends.
The Friends option houses functions related to friends and connections (including to social networks) and is composed of multiple tabbed sections.
Friend List[edit source | edit]
The Friends tab lists all current friends. Friends can be added from a variety of places, including Player Profiles, Clan member lists, leaderboards and other tabs of the Friends area. Up to 200 friends are displayed in the friend list; if there are more than 200 friends, only the first 200 appear. Which friends show up on the list is determined by an internal sorting ID for each friend. The list displays the friends' avatar (if available), total number of Dragons , DCL points, level , VIP Level (if VIP Status is active), time since online, desired badge, interaction tag, the ••• button, and a gifting option.
The ••• button can be pressed to access other options:
- Visit – Visit another Trainer's islands.
- Check Clan – View friend's Clan profile (appears if the friend is in a Clan).
- Clan Invite – Invite friend to current Clan (appears when the Trainer is in a Clan).
- Delete – Remove friend from in-game friends (must also be removed from Facebook account friends to disappear from the game).
- Check Profile – Check a Player Profile.
- Pin to Top / Unpin – Pin/unpin the selected friend to/from the top of the list (40 friend maximum).
The interaction tag on a friend's listing represents how often the two Trainers interacted based on the previous week. There are three resulting tags, Acquaintance, Familiar Face and Close Friend.
Connections[edit source | edit]
There are three supported major device operating systems (platforms), namely Android, iOS, and Windows, though support is also available for Fire OS. Users on each platform are usually divided into one of two retail servers, namely apa-gold and eur-gold (in some cases, the suffix "eur" is not displayed). A Trainer can find their server by pressing the button, then the Info button, followed by the About button. The server name then appears below the Save Data Server text. A third server, the-gold, is available only to Android users in China, though Trainers from the same country on other platforms still use the apa server.
In the majority of cases, only Trainers on the same platform and server can interact, but there are instances, albeit extremely rare, when cross-platform and cross-server functionality is available, such as during Community Events.
Gifting[edit source | edit]
***The information may be incorrect or incomplete, and may change without warning.***
Gifting is done by accessing the Friends tab and then pressing the Gift button appearing at the right of each friend's listing (except for Toby's). Gifting is instant and one out of four possible mystery gifts is sent at random; 1 Dragon Piece for Enchantress Dragon, 1 Portal Energy, (1,000*Modifier) Gold, or (100*Modifier) Food. Gifts are not deducted from the Trainer's own stockpile, they are generated by the game, and only 1 Dragon Piece can be received per day.
Gifts can be sent once every 24 hours per friend; however, there is no limit to the number of friends gifts may be sent to per day, although the friend list itself is limited to 200.
See Messages for information about gift contents and drop odds.
Helping[edit source | edit]
Dragon Hiring[edit source | edit]
Friends's Dragons can be hired for use in battle on the Campaign Map, including those stronger than the Trainer's own Dragons. After selecting a quest, the Hire button is pressed to access a list of friend's Dragons. From the list, pressing the Hire button hires the desired Dragon, provided the Trainer has enough Portal Energy and the Dragon has not been rented in the past 24 hours.
Rusty Gates[edit source | edit]
Friends can also help each other with opening Rusty Gates and with upgrading the Totem of Friendship.
Timer Boosts[edit source | edit]
Additionally, any visiting Trainer can reduce the timer of an ongoing action by 3 minutes for farms and 5 minutes for other buildings, up to three times per Trainer, for a total of five Trainers per day. Helping is done by tapping a building whenever the icon appears above it, even for Trainers who are not friends. Tapping the icon when shown at the edge of the display takes the visiting Trainer directly to the next available Boost action.
Timer boosts must be collected by the receiving Trainer to collect the time bonus. The maximum number of boosts received from separate Trainers in 24 hours is 10. As every visitor can perform 3 help actions, the maximum helps received a day is 30.
Toby[edit source | edit]
Toby is the Trainer's first friend, made available to all Dragon Mania Legends Trainers as part of the in-game tutorial for hiring Dragons. Because of this, he always appears at the top of the Rent-A-Dragon (hiring) list, and is the only cross-platform and cross-server friend. Toby's account is not played by anyone, though his progress is periodically updated by Gameloft to display new content.
The Trainer only has the options to visit Toby's islands and hire his strongest Dragons, he cannot be removed from the friend list and is not counted among the maximum 200 friends a Trainer can have. Furthermore, when opening the first Rusty Gate that requires only one friend, Toby is automatically assigned by the game to help open it. Toby's interaction tag is always Close Friend.
Toby's Dragon[edit source | edit]
Toby's level, as well as his strongest Dragon, depends on the level range of the Trainer:
|Level Range||Level||Strongest Dragon (Skill Levels)|
|1-9||Level 9||Agave Dragon - Lv. 8 (2, 2, 0)|
|10-12||Level 12||Mutant Dragon - Lv. 11 (3, 1, 3)|
|13-15||Level 15||Golden Crow Dragon - Lv. 14 (3, 0, 3)|
|16-20||Level 20||Pulsar Dragon - Lv. 16 (3, 5, 6)|
|Above 20||Level 60||Titan Dragon - Lv. 18 (5)|
Adding Friends[edit source | edit]
Adding can be done by pressing the button on the main screen, then using one of the following options:
- Add Friend – To enter a Player/Recruitment Code.
- The code can be typed or pasted from the clipboard using the Paste Code option. The Enter button submits the invitation.
- Invite – Introduce new players to the game.
- By pressing the ••• button, then the invite buttons from any of the following tabs:
Adding friends can also be done outside the Friends feature by:
- Accessing any Player Profile from an Event leaderboard, or Clan member list and then pressing the Add Friend button under the Trainer's avatar.
- Accessing the list of Clan members (for Trainers in the same Clan), pressing the ••• button, and then the Invite button.
- Facebook by directly adding them there; permission must be granted to the game for accessing the Facebook friend list.
All friend requests must be accepted before being reflected in-game except Recruitment Codes used to gain rewards, as the Trainer using the code is automatically added. And only those on the same platform and server can become friends.
Player Profile[edit source | edit]
The Player Profile is an in-game ID displaying information about the Trainer. The Player Profile is accessed by selecting the avatar in the top-left corner of the main screen, with the level indicator on it, indicating the level of the Trainer.
Own Profile[edit source | edit]
A Trainer's own Player Profile displays:
- Avatar – Changed by tapping it, then selecting either the no avatar option, or a currently available Dragon from their top 10 Dragons. If no avatar is chosen and the game is connected to Facebook, the Facebook profile picture appears.
- Name or nickname – Changed by tapping the icon, then entering a new name. A random name can also be generated using the Random Name option. The Done or Done 5 buttons confirm the choice. First nickname selection is free, subsequent changes cost 5 Gems.
- – VIP Level if currently active.
- – Trainer Level inside the icon, the blue progress bar indicating the experience accumulated, and needed for leveling up.
- ? – Listing current and necessary experience, the features unlocked by each level (if applicable), and the limit of Habitats per level.
- Amount of unique species of Dragons separated with a slash by the total amount of unique species of Dragons in the game.
- DCL points; tapping it will bring up a brief explanation of how it is calculated.
- Currently selected badge, if any. Tapping it displays the badge collection, with options to equip or unequip a badge.
- Current league in Dragon League and the highest league reached.
- Current Clan a member of, the Clans' Coat of Arms and current Clan League, and the Trainer's rank icon and name. Tapping this displays that Clan's interface. If not in a Clan, the Join button appears to join one. If not yet eligible, the necessary level to join a Clan is indicated instead.
- Top Dragon in the roster's image, level, given name, Enchantment Stars, rarity, and Elements. If an Element is skilled, skill level is also indicated, as are any equipped Sigils. The i button opens its Codex Entry.
Other Profiles[edit source | edit]
Viewing the profile of other Trainers is done through any leaderboard, usually by first visiting that Trainer's island and then pressing the Check Profile button, or through the Friends interface by first tapping the ••• button and then the Check Profile button.
The Player Profile of a stranger Trainer can only be seen if the target Trainer's privacy settings are set to default, and that of a friend or clan mate can be seen if their privacy settings are set to hidden. No Trainer, whatsoever, can check another Trainer's profile if the privacy settings are set to private.
When the Trainer views another Player Profile, this displays almost the same information as their own, the differences being:
- If the two Trainers are not friends, the Add Friend button appears to send a friend request.
- The VIP status is displayed if active, but the level is only displayed if the Trainer chose to display it.
- The time when the Trainer was last online is seen if the two are in-game friends.
- Tapping the Clan area, while not being a member of that Clan, displays that Clan's interface from the perspective of an outsider.
- If the Trainer has a badge on display, tapping it displays their entire collection.
- Checking the Trainer's top Dragon displays its specific Codex Entry, while the information under the stats is related to the viewing Trainer's own Dragons. Thus, the information indicates whether the viewing Trainer does/doesn't have this species of Dragon. If the respective Dragon is obtainable through Dragon Pieces, the counter under its image displays the number of pieces the viewing Trainer has towards their own.
Near Me[edit source | edit]
The Near Me tab shows Trainers, who are not necessarily friends of the user, within a nearby range of 1, 10, or 100 kilometers. Depending on privacy settings, options are provided to visit the player's islands, check their Clan or profile, or send them an invitation to add them to the friend list.
Social Log[edit source | edit]
The Social Log tab lists the last 20 most important social activities performed by other Trainers, such as invitations to a Clan, visits, friend requests, and time boosters. The Trainer can visit another Trainer or check their profile from here. There is also the possibility of pinning a Trainer to the top of the list, although they are pinned at the top of the friend list, not at the top of the Social Log.
Suggest Friends[edit source | edit]
- See Adding Friends above.
Inviting[edit source | edit]
The Invite option is used to invite new players to install and play the game using Facebook, WhatsApp (if the app is installed), email, and Viber/SMS by selecting the Facebook, WhatsApp, Send Mail , and SMS buttons, respectively.
Connect[edit source | edit]
The Connect prompts the user to connect to Facebook if not yet connected.
Recruit a Friend[edit source | edit]
The Recruit a Friend section houses all functions related to recruiting. Recruiting is both a method of adding friends and a means to recruit more players to the game. Trainers who perform successful recruiting earn unique Reward Dragons and other prizes such as Food and Gems. This section also houses Recruit a Friend Milestones.
Recruitment Codes[edit source | edit]
The Recruit a Friend option opens a window to invite non-playing users, on the same platform and server, to the game and to request the friendship of playing users.
Every Trainer has a Recruitment Code, pressing the Copy button copies the code to the clipboard to paste where needed. Alternatively, pressing the Share button provides options to send the code via the same options provided in the Inviting section above. Both groups must be on the same platform and server. Multiple new users can sign up using the same code; however, only one Recruitment Code may be submitted per person.
Whenever the Trainer's code is used by someone who has never entered a code before, a window appears informing them, displaying the name of the Trainer who used it. Additionally, a window appears whenever any recruit reaches Level 10 or 15. Both windows display the Go To Inventory button, pressing it takes the Trainer to the inventory.
Using the Code[edit source | edit]
New trainers must visit the Recruit a Friend option, press the Enter Code button, then fill in the blank with the code and validate it. Entering the code is done by selecting the field and typing it in manually or pasting it (if previously copied) by pressing the Paste button. The Validate Code button must also be pressed and validated successfully without receiving an error message. Both groups must be on the same platform and server to use recruitment codes.
To successfully use a Recruitment Code that offers both Trainers rewards, the code can only be used by new Trainers who haven't used a code before, and who are Level 4 or above, but no higher than Level 15. Recruitment Codes for friend requests can be used at any level. Trainers cannot use their own, personal codes, they must use another Trainer's code.
Rewards[edit source | edit]
Once the invitation is successfully accepted by the recruiting Trainer, both Trainers become friends and receive compensation for using the code. The rewards are given regardless of whether the recruiting Trainer accepts the friend invitation or not. The recruited Trainer receives a welcome basket of (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) Gold upon entering the Recruitment Code, 1,000 Food upon reaching Level 10, and 50 Gems upon reaching Level 15.
Because the game is not cross-platform and cross-server, the code can only be used between Trainers sharing the same device operating system and server.
Recruit Milestones[edit source | edit]
The Trainer whose code was used for new recruitment receives up to five milestone rewards depending on the number of people who used their code. Additionally, they receive (500*Level Modifier) Food and (5,000*Level Modifier) Gold for each recruit, (1,000*Level Modifier) Food when the recruit reaches Level 10, and 10 Gems when the recruit reaches Level 15. Under the same tab where the Recruitment Code is, the Trainer's progress toward the five milestones displayed, as well as the progress of the recruited Trainer. Trainers who have already used a Recruitment Code to receive rewards do not receive additional rewards for each new code entered, nor do they count toward the amount of recruited Trainers, of the Trainer whose code was used.
Messages[edit source | edit]
***The information may be incorrect or incomplete, and may change without warning.***
The Messages option accesses the messaging system, providing two filter options for each message type. Messages are stored under the Messages filter option, and gifts are stored under the filter option.
From the Messages filter option, the Trainer can respond in certain ways depending upon the message received:
- Help – Pressed to respond to opening Rusty Gate opening or Totem of Friendship upgrade requests.
- Join / Decline – To accept or decline Clan Invitations or:
- i – To view information about a Clan before determining action.
- Claim – To claim friendship points earned when a friend hires a Dragon.
- Accept or – To accept or trash a friendship request sent from in-game.
From the Gift filter option, gifts can be claimed one at a time by pressing Claim, or all at once by pressing the Claim All button. Gifts must be claimed to be received, and they are displayed in order from oldest to newest.
Limits[edit source | edit]
A maximum of 100 gifts can be claimed within a 24-hour period. No new gifts are received for claiming, until the reset time, if 100 have already been claimed. For example, if the Trainer did not claim any gifts until the reset period, they receive no new gifts until after the 24-hour period passes. Gifts left unclaimed for 36 hours expire and disappear. At the top of the Gifts section, a counter displays the current total of both claimed and unclaimed gifts, separated by a slash from the limit of 100.
Chances[edit source | edit]
The chances of receiving a particular gift depend on if a Dragon Piece was received that day. When a Dragon Piece has not been obtained, the chance to receive Food is 18.33%, Portal Energy is 20%, Gold is 36.67%, and a Dragon Piece is 25%. When a Dragon Piece has been obtained, the chance to receive Food is 24.44%, Portal Energy is 26.67%, and Gold is 49.89%.
Portal Energy[edit source | edit]
There is no limit of Portal Energy a Trainer can have, any gifted Energy is added to the Trainer's pool.
Expiration[edit source | edit]
All unclaimed messages, except for Recruitment Code rewards and system messages, expire after 36 hours. The user can have a maximum of 200 unclaimed messages.
Dragon Collector Leaderboard[edit source | edit]
The Dragon Collector Leaderboard is a permanent, global, and prizeless leaderboard in which Trainers on the same platform and server are ranked in accordance to the collective sum of their unique Dragons' Dragon Collector Points . The leaderboard is intended as a Hall of Fame for Trainers with the largest Dragon collections.
The leaderboard displays current positions, the total number of points, and the obtainable progress rewards. The Filter button filters the Trainers displayed by either Global results or Friends depending on the option selected.
A notification appears in the middle of the screen when a new milestone is reached. If a Dragon, whose score is counted towards the leaderboard, is sold, the respective score is deducted from the total amount.
Dragon Collector Points (DCP) are points earned each time a unique Dragon species is collected, leveled-up, and has Sigils applied. Duplicate Dragons of a species do not count toward the Trainer's collective sum, only the Dragon with the highest DCP of that species is considered in total. Additionally, Clan Dragons and Chronos do not benefit from DCP.
Formula[edit source | edit]
Each individual Dragon has a specific Dragon Collector Point which is calculated as (Rarity * Enchantment Level) + Dragon Level x 5 + Sigil Rarity, where the values are the following:
|Value||10||x||1||+||Dragon Level x 5||+||5|
For example, a non-enchanted Level 50 Mentor Dragon will have a score of 350 : (Epic [100 points] * Enchantment Level 0 [1 point]) + Dragon Level 50 [50 x 5 points] while a Level 100 Zeus Dragon with Enchantment Level 2 and a Legendary Sigil will have a score of 5,960 : (Divine [100 points] * Enchantment Level 2 [1.15]) + Dragon Level 100 [100 x 5 points] + Legendary Sigil [5,000].
Milestones[edit source | edit]
While the leaderboard itself does not offer prizes and is merely a display of status, Trainers do receive rewards when they reach certain DCP milestones. These rewards can be obtained only once, meaning if a Trainer's decreased beyond an already-reached milestone, no reward is given after reaching that milestone again.
Breeding Tokens rewarded for reaching Collector Leaderboard milestones are permanent and cannot be lost due to going under the milestone score again.
The table below is ← scrollable →, hold the Shift key while using the scroll wheel (with your pointer over the table) on desktop to scroll horizontally.
Information Button[edit source | edit]
The ? button, when pressed, provides the following help/tutorial information panels:
Gallery[edit source | edit]
History[edit source | edit]
- Update 7.3: Introduced a Gift All option and discontinued individual gifting.
- Renamed the Messages & Gifts button to be Messages and moved claiming gifts to the top of the Friends Social System menu, beside the Gift All button.
- Update 6.9: Reverted the DCP link to unlocking Elements from Update 5.3.
- Update 6.7: Portal Gems were discontinued; Portal Energy is gifted instead.
- Update 5.7: Switched game synchronization options for Microsoft users from Xbox Live to Microsoft Accounts.
- Discontinued support Windows 8.1 or Apple iPhone 4S. Affected players received in-game notification.
- Update 5.3: Added Moth Dragon as a reward for achieving 250,000 DCPs.
- Made Unlocking Elements linked to the Dragon Collector Leaderboard instead of Player Level.
- Update 4.4: Global Chat was disabled as of 19 March 2019 to undergo revamp.
- The color scheme of the chat was changed once again.
- Trainers now have the option to disable the chat.
- The busy fellow tag for friends was changed to acquaintance.
- Update 4.4: Added ability to enable or disable Global Chat.
- Update 4.3: Introduced Social Log.
- Discontinued entire Social System access through the Lighthouse and made it just for the Recruitment Code.
- Made the Clan interface accessible through the Social System.
- Added time since friends were last online.
- Added helping friends via five 4-minute time reductions.
- Discontinued the Leaderboard tab.
- Introduced the Player Profile and Social Log.
- Added the ability to pin friends at top of friends list.
- Separated Gifts and Messages from the inventory, discontinued the option from the friends list.
- Discontinued the Mentoring Program.
- Update 4.1: Added the user's Recruitment Code, platform, and server to the loading screen.
- Dropped support for MSN accounts.
- Update 4.0: Introduced Dragon Collector's Leaderboard.
- Update 3.8: Added ability to invite new Trainers through SMS, WhatsApp and Viber.
- Update 3.7: Added the rarity of Card Dragons to their snapshot in the Gift Menu.
- Update 3.6: Added ability to add Friends more than once via Recruitment Code.
- Introduced Global Chat.
- Added the Facebook button to the Share option.
- Update 3.4: Introduced the chn server, exclusive only to Android Trainers in China.
- Update 3.2: Added ability to befriend other Trainers in the vicinity.
- Dropped Xbox Live support for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 8.
- Added the Suggest Friends option.
- Added ability to claim Gifts at once.
- Dropped Xbox Live support for Windows Mobile, and added the MSN option. Also discontinued support for Windows Phone 8.
- Update 3.1: Made Toby's Titan Dragon Level 18 instead of 22, and its Enchantment Level 2 instead of 0. Also made his Pulsar Dragon Level 16 instead of 18, and its Enchantment Level 1 instead of 0.
- Expanded the length of the friend list to allow for quicker gifting.
- Update 2.8: Replaced the gifting system with Mystery Gifting, Trainers could no longer choose what to gift but received a random gift.
- Moved gifts from the Messages tab to the Gift tab.
- Added pieces for the Enchantress Dragon to gifts.
- Made only 100 gifts claimable within a 24-hour period and limited unclaimed gifts to a maximum of 100, with a counter showing both amounts
- Sorting changed on Gifts from newest to oldest, to the reverse order given they expire.
- Replaced Google+ game synchronization with Google Gamer ID and Trainers can no longer befriend using Google+.
- Update 2.7: Added Gameloft Trainer ID, a unique ID used to speed up Customer Care requests, to the About section.
- Update 2.5: Added progress rewards for Recruitment.
- Update 2.2: Dropped support for Game Center due to being discontinued with the release of iOS 10.
- Update 2.1: Added ability to send friend requests to Clan members without having to befriend them outside the game.
- Removed support for tvOS.
- Added notifications for full Arena Energy, when Chronos' powers are usable, and when VIP Status is about to expire.
- Added ability to send friendship requests to Clan members.
- Update 2.0: Added the "..." option to the friends list, consolidating multiple other buttons into a submenu.
- Added support for Fire OS, bringing the total number of platforms to four.
- Update 1.9: Added ReplayKit, a screen-recording tool for iOS users, enabling them to record their gameplay.
- Update 1.9: Added ability to move game progress to a new device of the same platform.
- Update 1.8: Renamed Friend Codes to Recruitment Codes.
- Introduced option to remove friends from the friends list.
- Introduced support for tvOS.
- Added the -gold suffix for retail servers.
- Friend Codes were renamed as Recruitment Codes.
- Update 1.7: Renamed Referral Codes to Friend Codes.
- Changed the amount of Gold and Food gifted to friends to scale depending on the receiving Trainer's level.
- Update 1.5: Added the Near Me section to the friend list.
- Update 1.4: Added a baby Fire Dragon image and the total number of unique Dragons beside each name on the friends screen.
- Update 1.3: Introduced the Referral code system with exclusive Dragon rewards.
- Introduced Xbox Live connection for Windows platform.
- Update 1.1: The gifting screen gift is now displayed over a blue gift box background, and the avatar and name of the gifted Trainer are now shown.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Friendship Reward Dragons (2 P)
- ► Recruitment Reward Dragons (1 P)
- ► Reward Dragons (5 C, 37 P)
Pages in category "Social System"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.